I'm digusted at the bilingual labelling law.

Sliverwarrior

Nov 10, 2007
I'm seriously disgusted at this law, in fact I hate it.

If they want to sell a products in english OR french then its fine, having BOTH at the same time isn't required.

If some people are too lazy to learn 2 languages then their loss, I don't want laws to prevent some good products to come over here because some people are lazy.

Its even worse in Quebec(Where I unfortunatly live...)

This is totally unacceptable.

Sliverwarrior

Nov 10, 2007
What's wrong with you guys?

I was born in Quebec and always lived here.(French is my first language)
Yet, I hate this Province.

Why you'd ask me?
French
Its not really french the problem, its the people who fight to protect it.
Like that stupid law 101.

Allow me to explain what I mean.

I'm a gamer, I like video games alot but because of the bilingual labelling laws, some great games will not be distributed here.

What's wrong with you people? Is learning english that much difficult?
Are you so much afraid that the main language could become english that you'd be ready to prevent some great products to come over here?

There is no need to have both french AND english label on a products, only one is enough.
If you didn't learn english or don't want to then its your loss, don't go whining around because your lazy.

I think you people need to seriously grow up.
If english becomes the main language then so be it, its not that big of a deal unlike you may think.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I'm seriously disgusted at this law, in fact I hate it.

If they want to sell a products in english OR french then its fine, having BOTH at the same time isn't required.

If some people are too lazy to learn 2 languages then their loss, I don't want laws to prevent some good products to come over here because some people are lazy.

Its even worse in Quebec(Where I unfortunatly live...)

This is totally unacceptable.

then move.

Sliverwarrior

Nov 10, 2007
To go where? Sure Ontario would be better, but would still have that pointless law.
Anyway Its not about me moving.

Its about a law being put in place because some people are lazy.

You would deprive canada of some great products because a few people are very lazy and/or too conservative?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
In twenty years everyone will be so afraid of the Chinese, who will all speak English by then, that bill 101 won't matter.:laughing7:
Come to the Toronto area. There are sections that have almost completely all Chinese signage. The Pacific mall, if they didn't have those little pictures on the doors you'd not be able to find the bathroom. Still the people of Ontario are not drafting draconian laws to outlaw anything but English.
I've never been but I'm quit sure the Vancouver area is the same as Toronto if not more so.:smile:

On a realated note. Bi-lingual packaging does actualy create some jobs. You'll also notice that the big multi-nationals are putting French English and Spanish on product they ship North America wide. Quebec may soon loose one of their valuable points of whinnig. :p

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
It's the extra cost of the French labelling that causes some manufacturers to not ship their products to Quebec. You should try ordering whatever you are looking for from another province.

Sliverwarrior

Nov 10, 2007
In twenty years everyone will be so afraid of the Chinese, who will all speak English by then, that bill 101 won't matter.:laughing7:
Come to the Toronto area. There are sections that have almost completely all Chinese signage. The Pacific mall, if they didn't have those little pictures on the doors you'd not be able to find the bathroom. Still the people of Ontario are not drafting draconian laws to outlaw anything but English.
I've never been but I'm quit sure the Vancouver area is the same as Toronto if not more so.:smile:

On a realated note. Bi-lingual packaging does actualy create some jobs. You'll also notice that the big multi-nationals are putting French English and Spanish on product they ship North America wide. Quebec may soon loose one of their valuable points of whinnig. :p

Yeah at least in Toronto they don't try to gimp other languages for fun or w/e.
I think that bill 101 is way too much, they shouldn't try to enforce their language on other people.

bullmacap

Jul 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
I think that language is not to be imposed to people, people should be free to decide which language they want to use. In quebec we mix quebecquoi with some french words. and if you leave in gatineau it'S A Mix of french, quebecquoi and english. I think quebecquois should be proud of their language, that all right you quebecquois, the mix of you language is the beauty of your origin. By the way , you are not french!

bullmacap

Jul 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
I do not have that problem! I do speack : French, English, Portuguese and some spanish! I want to learn more language like; Italian, Japonese and Hebreu! But unfortunately I do not have time.

bullmacap

Jul 11, 2008
Ottawa, ON
By the way! What I have todo or to know or somone can direct me to the good direction to know more or to get more info., about jobs in Alberta! I like to go to do some diferente jobs. I do not care about good position. I just want to make the fastest moonie as possible. I heart that if you stay in those campjob is the best way.

no color

Electoral Member
May 20, 2007
1967 World's Fair
I do not have that problem! I do speack : French, English, Portuguese and some spanish! I want to learn more language like; Italian, Japonese and Hebreu! But unfortunately I do not have time.

Judging by your posts, I think the first step you should take is to enroll in a grammar/spelling class in English.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
add info
Geez - bilingual cereal boxes have been around for 40 years. Where was your voice then? You could emigrate to the States where everbody speaks 'Merican.

Woof!

To the point as usual. But Franglais is becoming popular in Quebec at almost the same rate as it is in France.

Example: "Non, j'ai un creve de pneu. J'ai besoin un camion de remorque!"......which is now...."Non, j'ai un flat. J'ai besoin un towing!"

How can Bill 101 combat this?

Last edited:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
add info

To the point as usual. But Franglais is becoming popular in Quebec at almost the same rate as it is in France.

Example: "Non, j'ai un creve de pneu. J'ai besoin un camion de remorque!"......which is now...."Non, j'ai un flat. J'ai besoin un towing!"

[/quote]

I dunno, Scratch, but that's pretty damn funny:lol:

We used to frequent the clubs in "Ull", in the 60's...........(Hull)..........If you spoke like that, some Frenchie would think you were making fun of him and the fight would be on. Always travelled in 3's or more.

Too rich!.......:lol:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Geez - bilingual cereal boxes have been around for 40 years. Where was your voice then? You could emigrate to the States where everbody speaks 'Merican.

Woof!

8O What Wolf said: It's been around for a few decades now, and there ain't any politicos with cojones enough to change it. We'd have the FLQ 2 if we did, and no party that did it could form a maj. gov. without Que.

Merci a Trudeau.

:angry3:

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008

I dunno, Scratch, but that's pretty damn funny:lol:

We used to frequent the clubs in "Ull", in the 60's...........(Hull)..........If you spoke like that, some Frenchie would think you were making fun of him and the fight would be on. Always travelled in 3's or more.

Too rich!.......:lol:[/quote]

Well Nugg, too rich or not it's true. In the 60s packs of three would be about right........but buy a round of quarts and everyone would be friends. Beer also solved a lot of problems around the pool table.