quebec or canada?

reedez

Mar 23, 2006
U.S.
Hi
i'm currently living in the U.S. i plan to relocate in Quebec or Canada i'm not sure yet which part i wanna settle in. i'm originally from a former french colony, did all my secondary Ed in french part of my college Ed french etc... if anyone advises me to go for quebec what city do you reckon in terms of jobs, house etc..?
if Canada which province?

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
if quebec
theres really only one option---montreal its a really multiultural city with a great atmosphere-- almost continental--its a lot of fun living there

ontario has perhaps the best economic opportuinities- its more middle of the road-- efficient place--
toronto has a lot of stuff to do-- jobs are probably good there-- but unfortunately-- its starting to becomme a bit unlivable--hard to commute into town-- really bad traffic--- in my opinion not a pretty city---
ottawa is very beutifull mid sized city--

ontario is probably yer beat bet

oh wait--- of course vancouver tops the world in terms of a stunning setting- perhaps the most physically beutifull city in the world

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
You still need to understand french and be able to communicate in french in Montreal, to not get frustraited often and on a daily basis. If you believe your french is good enough Montreal is a great place to be.

Ontario, and if by Ontario we mean Toronto :D , French won't get you that far and your english should be alright. If you can order Tim bits at Tim Hortons then your english is good enough. However BC is a very good place to live and I'd say go to Vancover, though I don't live there and I admit I havn't been there in a long time its a nice progressive city with good people.

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
Re: RE: quebec or canada?

Said1 said:
Did Quebec seperate?

No one told me! How rude. :mad:

it first lifted then it separated
and yes it was rude

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
I thought I felt rumbling.

But the dog farts a lot and I usually have headphones on.

Where will I buy beer on Sunday, now? This is going to be a problem. Stupid LCBO bastards.

Erick-Mathieu

Feb 27, 2006
Boucherville, Québec
it depends what you are looking for...

Québec is more like Europe, Ontario is more like USA, so if you want a change go to Québec :)

There's a lot of job you can be hire, it is not very complicated...

BlackJack_X_X

Apr 8, 2006
Finder said:
You still need to understand french and be able to communicate in french in Montreal, to not get frustraited often and on a daily basis. If you believe your french is good enough Montreal is a great place to be.

That's correct if you move to the east part of Montreal. However, in the west part of the city, particularly the West Island, you will not get very far if you cannot speak English. The West Island (about 10-12 towns in Montreal) is overwhelmingly English speaking.

This also holds true for some non-west Island towns (examples: Hampstead and Westmount).

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
You should go to Quebec. And Montreal is the best city for jobs and housing and you can find something fun to do on almost any street.

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
If you golf sunny Surrey is the place to be. If you can stomach poutine go to Quebec.

Lineman

No sparks please
Feb 27, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Si vous voulez vivre dans une grande ville avec un gout international, Montreal est certainment une bonne location. Mais si vous voulez une ville moyene avec un quartier Francais Winnipeg pourais vous interesser. Nous avons des ete spectaculaire mais amener votre gros manteau pour l'hiver. Ca nous arrive souvent de decendre a moin 30 ou plus. Quelle sort de metier chercher vous?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
reedez said:
Hi
i'm currently living in the U.S. i plan to relocate in Quebec or Canada i'm not sure yet which part i wanna settle in. i'm originally from a former french colony, did all my secondary Ed in french part of my college Ed french etc... if anyone advises me to go for quebec what city do you reckon in terms of jobs, house etc..?
if Canada which province?

Well, since you're not even a Canadian and you assume Quebec is not part of Canada, I wouldn't even welcome you to our country... How about staying in the US?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Re: RE: quebec or canada?

Erick-Mathieu said:
it depends what you are looking for...

Québec is more like Europe, Ontario is more like USA, so if you want a change go to Québec :)

There's a lot of job you can be hire, it is not very complicated...

Quebec is hardly like Europe. Well, if you include people smoking in all public places including the metro..

You can take that from an ex-montrealer who currently lives in Germany (and an extensive traveller here). Quebec City looks like a European city, Montreal looks like any other North American city. Any other place in Quebec is pretty much just like the rest of Canada or even most of North America.

Most people from Quebec who have never been over here to Europe always claim the province to be similar to Europe. Not the case.

And Toronto American? I would hardly insult the city to that extent. It has a lower crime rate than the US, it has less crime that Montreal, it's much cleaner than most of Quebec and the so-called multicultural model Canada has secretly adopted over the past 20 years works best in Toronto, if you can say it actually works.

Now I will stand up for Quebec in some cases, and especially Montreal.. but thats just mis-information.

dekhqonbacha

Electoral Member
Apr 30, 2006
CsL, Mtl, Qc, Ca, NA, Er, SS,MW, Un
I think Montrea, PQ (not party quebecois) is a good place to live. It reflects partly europeen and partly north american life. In terms of job opportunities, Toronto is said to be good place. However, if you have a job, the cost of living in montreal is less then in toronto. Public transportations is also well developped in montreal. About vancouver, I cannot say a word, because I have never been there.

Roger

Nominee Member
May 2, 2006
Atlantic
www.exporail.org
Montreal is great. Personally, I can't stand Ontario, sorry folks. It costs too much to live in Ontario and compared to Quebec, the food is lousy.

Alberta has jobs out the wazoo, consider there too.