Quebec woman, kids gone without a trace

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Quebec woman, kids gone without a trace
QMI Agency
First posted: Saturday, June 28, 2014 11:52 AM EDT | Updated: Saturday, June 28, 2014 12:05 PM EDT
Family and friends of Erin Gray had feared the worst after the mother and her two children vanished from a Montreal suburb last weekend.
Gray, 33, and her two children, Rachel Kaya Beckles, 11, and Robert Jr. Clarke, 5, have been missing since last Sunday, when Gray abruptly left her home near Montreal without notifying her friends or family.
Chateauguay, Que., police have been actively looking for the three since Thursday.
"Our investigators don't have a reason as of now to fear for the safety of the children or the mother," said Nathalie Langevin, a spokeswoman with the Chateauguay Police. "We are trying to determine why Mrs. Gray would leave without telling her family. It isn't something that she would normally do."
Gray's three sisters told QMI Agency that Gray was a responsible mother who would drive her kids to daycare every morning.
On the day Gray and her children disappeared, a neighbour told QMI Agency they saw her with her kids and that all seemed normal.
That was the last anyone had seen the three. Gray's family says that when they checked on her place Sunday, dinner was still on the table.
Erin Gray has brown hair and a light complexion and her children have a dark complexion. She is possibly driving a 2001 Buick Century with the license plate number X08 EDT.
The Châteauguay Police are looking for Erin Gray, 33 years and her two children; 11-year old Rachel Beckles Kaya and 5-year old Robert Jr Clarke. (COURTESY PHOTO / CHÂTEAUGUAY POLICE)

Quebec woman, kids gone without a trace | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
not really, something is up for sure

Police said after checking out the woman's story, investigators concluded that no foul play was involved in her disappearance with her children on Sunday, June 22.
Police are not releasing any further details.
Contacted by CBC News this morning, Gray's sister Ashley said the family is happy and relieved that their relatives have been found.

The fact that they left the province with Sunday dinner sitting on the table would suggest they fled.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Makes me wonder how often we look right at something and don't see it. The neighbours all described everything as "normal", the sister was not informed about any reason for leaving, yet the woman took off with her kids leaving dinner on the table? These aren't the actions of a woman with nothing going on, even though those around her didn't realize it.

Maybe whatever it was actually was that caused her to leave was well hidden from others, maybe. But at the same time, how often do we hear from friends, family, neighbours when something goes horribly wrong "I had no idea." "I'm shocked." "I didn't see it coming." It just makes me wonder how much we really ignore.