Two girls charged after beating posted to Facebook

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Two girls charged after beating posted to Facebook
Marie-Pier Gagne, QMI Agency
First posted: Friday, March 28, 2014 03:03 PM EDT | Updated: Friday, March 28, 2014 03:16 PM EDT
MONTREAL — The two teenage girls who posted to Facebook a video of themselves pummelling a young man will face criminal charges.
The video of the attack in the Montreal suburb of Beloeil, Que. generated thousands of Facebook hits this week.
The video shows a girl walking up to the smaller boy behind a shopping mall.
She says: "You said that on the telephone?" to which the boy replies: "When did I say that?"
The girl shoves the boy, spits on him, pushes him to the ground and starts punching him while another girl, who is filming the attack, giggles and laughs.
The boy says "I didn't say anything" and gets up. The girl switches places with her female friend and keeps filming while the second girl punches the boy. The girls then switch places again.
The girl who films the beating can be heard telling her friend: "Bust him in the mouth! I want to see him bleeding."
The boy doesn't defend himself and begs the pair to stop.
Facebook users called police this week and the girls were arrested, police spokesman Pierre Tremblay said.
"The teens were interviewed all day and were finally summoned to appear in the youth court," said Tremblay.
The girls were to be arraigned Friday for assault and instigation to commit a crime.
The video was removed from Facebook on Thursday, but continued to elicit strong reactions.
One of the defendants showed no remorse on her Facebook page.
"He deserved it, he called me a bitch. You don't know the whole story," read the post."‹
Two girls charged after beating posted to Facebook | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Has everyone in the world forgotten the whole idea of a chance meeting in a dark alley? Really! WTF is it with people thinking they can film their criminal activity and post it to the internet without getting arrested? Are our children really that fricken stupid? Where the hell did we go wrong as parents raising a generation of complete idiots?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Has everyone in the world forgotten the whole idea of a chance meeting in a dark alley? Really! WTF is it with people thinking they can film their criminal activity and post it to the internet without getting arrested? Are our children really that fricken stupid? Where the hell did we go wrong as parents raising a generation of complete idiots?

And I'll bet dollars to doughnuts the court will decide the girls can be fixed with psychology. -:) -:) -:) -:)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
they don't think what they did is a problem so why not film it...they don't think injuring another human being is wrong...making him cry, making him bleed, it's all okay

And I'll bet dollars to doughnuts the court will decide the girls can be fixed with psychology. -:) -:) -:) -:)
do you believe they can not be fixed?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Young Offenders (or whatever the flavour-of-the-day-to-keep-the-li'l-bas*ards-from-tasting-justice is) They'll get a slap on the wrists and some very easy hoops to jump through. Whatever happened to a damned good spanking?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Young Offenders (or whatever the flavour-of-the-day-to-keep-the-li'l-bas*ards-from-tasting-justice is) They'll get a slap on the wrists and some very easy hoops to jump through. Whatever happened to a damned good spanking?

It worked wonders when we were kids, but some of the kids these days are a little different breed. Mind you, I don't think it's the only suitable punishment, taking away something they really enjoy will make them think too. Shut down their cell phone account for six months and kill two birds with one stone, reduce the pollution in the air waves.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Taking away something and grounding only works if the parents have parts enough to put up with the BS that's sure to follow. Too many don't.
I thought spanking was the easy punishment, banished to the bedroom was torture... spanking is not an answer it's a release of frustration that's all

are you going to publically whip them now that they are older?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Nope.... Spanking isn't an answer ... but it's lots less hurt than a Buick. I never hit them when they were kids either - never had to. They knew when the ol' man took away something - it stayed took away

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Taking away something and grounding only works if the parents have parts enough to put up with the BS that's sure to follow. Too many don't.
The BS that followed only got my kids another week. They learned quickly to shut-up and take what was handed out.

I thought spanking was the easy punishment, banished to the bedroom was torture... spanking is not an answer it's a release of frustration that's all
Done right a good spanking releases frustration and hurts for a long time...double bonus. And it always hurts them more than me...the old adage is pure bullcrap.
are you going to publically whip them now that they are older?
Hell yeah! Bring back the stocks so we can toss rotten vegetables at them while they get whipped.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Oh you got that right. My 2 cousins and I did something (can't remember what it was now) when we were older teens. My Aunt (their mother) sent us all down to their room. We were down there for about 3 hours when I looked my cousins and asked when she was coming down to hand out the "punishment". They informed me that they had no idea, it could be a couple of hours, it could a couple of days. I said, you have got to be f'kn kidding me. This is killing me. I'd rather she came down right away, beat us, and get it over with. This waiting and not knowing was the worst punishment I had ever had.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Every kid is different- a punishment that will work with one child may not work with another. Of course I think you start by giving them the benefit of the doubt and try reasoning, see if they have any empathy and if that doesn't work you step it gradually through loss of privileges, grounding before you finally get to the big stick.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Whatever happened to a damned good spanking?

Of teenagers? If a parent/guardian feels the need to do that to a teenager they have already failed, and badly. Plus it can do a hell of a lot more harm than good. It did with me. I have 0 respect for anyone who has hit me (parents included).

As for these kids, Im surprised that they thought they could film it, put it on the internet and not get caught. wtf. Yeah, kids do dumb things but they didn't put any effort into realistically getting away with it. If the camera had been off they just might have.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Oh you got that right. My 2 cousins and I did something (can't remember what it was now) when we were older teens. My Aunt (their mother) sent us all down to their room. We were down there for about 3 hours when I looked my cousins and asked when she was coming down to hand out the "punishment". They informed me that they had no idea, it could be a couple of hours, it could a couple of days. I said, you have got to be f'kn kidding me. This is killing me. I'd rather she came down right away, beat us, and get it over with. This waiting and not knowing was the worst punishment I had ever had.
torture, the anticipation is awful.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
see if they have any empathy and if that doesn't work you step it gradually through loss of privileges, grounding before you finally get to the big stick.

You cant really teach empathy. They either have it or they dont. I lived with a sociopath for a few years. Its like talking to a brick wall when trying to explain simple emotions or concepts like empathy. He was pretty good at faking it around people though which surprised me. Goes with the territory I guess.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Of teenagers? If a parent/guardian feels the need to do that to a teenager they have already failed, and badly. Plus it can do a hell of a lot more harm than good. It did with me. I have 0 respect for anyone who has hit me (parents included).

As for these kids, Im surprised that they thought they could film it, put it on the internet and not get caught. wtf. Yeah, kids do dumb things but they didn't put any effort into realistically getting away with it. If the camera had been off they just might have.
If they're that stupid and bulletproof that they believe they can get away with filming their crap. it's been growing since the time when a slap on the donkey might have meant something

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
You cant really teach empathy. They either have it or they dont. I lived with a sociopath for a few years. Its like talking to a brick wall when trying to explain simple emotions or concepts like empathy. He was pretty good at faking it around people though which surprised me. Goes with the territory I guess.

Isn't that the trait of a psychopath instead of a sociopath? I'd always understood there were quite different and that psychopaths were actually the ones who were adept at 'fitting in'.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
It's a whole new world out there. With instant access to doing stupid things. Before it took along time for rumour and stories to circulate. Kids have instant gratification for everything now.

These girls maybe on their way to behing full time hooligans or they may learn from the public backlash. I wonder if these girls have had unsupervised play time before this? Seems kids have scheduled play dates, are picked up and dropped off everywhere and never left alone to sort stuff out.