Best Bank for students

nono_banou2003

Oct 10, 2011
France
Hi, I'm a french student who's actually moving to Montreal so I want to know which bank is the most suited for students? (i'm talking about monthly fees.....) :)

Thanx in advance!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think your best bet is to go on line and check out each bank, there is only about 6 chartered banks in Canada. You might check out Credit Unions too. I know my bank (CIBC) has umpteen different types of accounts to handle most demographics. Once you've found one, it's not a bad idea to introduce yourself to the manager and try a little further negotiating.

A piggy bank.

I guess it would take a life size one to handle all your money.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
The CIBC employs guards, but they're not armed, so if you can grab the manager when he walks in the door.......................Hell even a student could pull it off.

Definitely the best bank.:lol:

Better know how to say, "gimmee the money and lay down on the floor" in Anglais though. Bilingualism is not guaranteed.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
The CIBC employs guards, but they're not armed, so if you can grab the manager when he walks in the door.......................Hell even a student could pull it off.

They can yell 'stop' though :p

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
A bank for students? Yesterday we talked about the banking problems the dead sometimes have. This place is getting creepy. A bank for students! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

nono_banou2003

Oct 10, 2011
France
I'm serious. Work and invest your student loans in something so they can help pay theselves off and keep the remainding shares for life.

You'll never find an easier source of investment funds or advice on how to set yourself up.

Use it.
I didn't think about that but that's an interesting point of view. I'll keep that in mind thx!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm serious. Work and invest your student loans in something so they can help pay theselves off and keep the remainding shares for life.

You'll never find an easier source of investment funds or advice on how to set yourself up.

Use it.

I think that might come under the heading of "ILLEGAL" :lol:

nono_banou2003

Oct 10, 2011
France

Better know how to say, "gimmee the money and lay down on the floor" in Anglais though. Bilingualism is not guaranteed.
lol! thanx for the advice. I think that's definitely something i can do lol

The Presidents Choice bank is easy to use, but I can't remember if it's available in Quebec.
yes it is! Just been on their website. I'll compare their fees with other banks though :)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I think that might come under the heading of "ILLEGAL" :lol:

Nope. It comes under the heading "Genius". If someone is willing to lend you money at prime +1 with super easy repayment options it's silly not to invest it, work and use investment profits to cover the interest. You don't need to invest much, you just need to invest.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Nope. It comes under the heading "Genius". If someone is willing to lend you money at prime +1 with super easy repayment options it's silly not to invest it, work and use investment profits to cover the interest. You don't need to invest much, you just need to invest.

Yes but you need proof of enrollment...if you're getting student loans and not paying any tuition, then there is fraud in the works.