looking for employment

caseloader

Jan 19, 2010
I am looking for a company that will give me futher training in running frontend loader..i have i year experience on a mid sized case pay loader.I would also be interested in a company that does catering in remote locations for example athabasca catering in saskatoon....any help would be greatly appreciated.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I am looking for a company that will give me futher training in running frontend loader..i have i year experience on a mid sized case pay loader.I would also be interested in a company that does catering in remote locations for example athabasca catering in saskatoon....any help would be greatly appreciated.

kakato's your man. be nice to him.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Not much around bud unless you try the oilsands.Infrastructure like water and sewer is also one area where they may be work but it's very slow in Alberta right now.

Not much camp work around either unless you know someone.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Does that mean you live in Saskatoon or near by or are you looking at any province?

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Finally things are picking up,going to B.C. to build exploration roads for one of the mines,back on the top of the mountain again.
Brand new d10bulldozer......sweet and it's good untill december.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Finally things are picking up,going to B.C. to build exploration roads for one of the mines,back on the top of the mountain again.
Brand new d10bulldozer......sweet and it's good untill december.
Are you going to Copper Mountain?

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
This will be a major haul road to for the 300 tonne trucks so that means they will be developing another open pit which means more jobs for the guys allready there and another ten year mine plan.Plus ill be a contractor so I dont have to deal with the union allthough they want us to pay dues to work on the property.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
This will be a major haul road to for the 300 tonne trucks so that means they will be developing another open pit which means more jobs for the guys allready there and another ten year mine plan.Plus ill be a contractor so I dont have to deal with the union allthough they want us to pay dues to work on the property.
I saw in the newspaper (Vanc. Prov.) an ad for an accountant. The ad stated that the mine (Copper Mountain) will be re-opening - but it said the position would start mid 2011. I am assuming that they will be hiring people soon enough as the ad states that it will be a $438 Million project and the third largest copper mine in Canada. Everyone in my family but me, once lived at Copper Mtn but the mine closed. My brother tells me though that they drilled through (or something like that) to the other side of the mountain and the mine now lays on the Hope Princeton Hwy. He of course, like me, does not know if they mean Copper Mountain proper or the new mine that was closed down just a few years ago. So - I don't know if it will help anyone get work of other kinds or how soon people will get work but this is the address they are giving for accountants to apply:
Copper Mountain Mining Corporation
Suite 550 - 800 West Pender Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 2V6
There is also an email address: rod@CuMtn.com Phone 604-681-5910
It appears this person is the Chief Financial Officer but perhaps he can tell people where they can apply for other positions.

I think the ad is about a week old. I only ripped it out of the paper as a matter of interest to my family. I have never been to Copper Mountain myself.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Line creek mine in the elk valley north of sparwood so i'll be able to commute as it's only 1.5 hours from home and a 4x4 shift.My best friend will be running the hoe so we can travel together.
I'm really happy for you. It sounds exciting for you and probably all of BC. Between that and Copper Mtn., it should employ a lot of people.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun

i used to be a pro union guy until steelworkers 6500 started holding my city hostage with there non sense

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
I spent 22 years at that mine since 1982,built most of the roads and did the reclamation before moving on when Fording took over.:angryfire:

Now it's teck and fording got the boot so it's all good.
Fording sucked the big one,i'm going back for a year.