Wall's Secret Land Appraisal Costly To Taxpayers

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
By Tammy Roberts

I’ve been trying to wrap my head how Marquart’s appraisal (herein “The Appraisal”) landed at $129,000 per acre in the first place, when all other appraisals for the same dirt were coming in at $30,000 – $60,000 per acre. (This will make more sense if you read my earlier post on this before continuing.)

I’m referring to The Appraisal that Brad Wall has recently starting pushing the GTH to release. The one that drove the final sale price to the taxpayer up to $103,000 per acre, when everyone else in the area was getting half of that, if they were lucky. The Appraisal no one, beyond a handful of bureaucrats, has ever seen.

Before I keep going, let’s re-establish the glossary:

more

https://tammyrobert.wordpress.com/2016/03/27/2668/

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
DEpends on how motivated the sellers were. If they had no desire to sell or could have made a bunch more money doing something else then they can pretty much name their price.Also on how important it was to the purachaser to have that specific parcel. Of course developers would not have wanted to pay that much because A) it would cut into profits and B) there is other cheaper land available to them and what property gets developed has more to do with profit potential than location.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Zoned as municpal farmland it's $30K an acre, zoned as industrial urban after city limits moved it's $103K.