You are nothing

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada

The nature, the inmost nature of the self, when you have gone through all the layers of the self, the essence is nothing. You are nothing. Right? On that nothingness thought has imposed the super structure of consciousness. Consciousness being the content, without the content there is no consciousness - the content being you are a Hindu, Buddhist, your religion, your particular god, your puja, your anxiety, your sorrow, your pain, your hate, your love, all that is the content of your consciousness. Obviously. And the idea that you are super atman, or super, super consciousness is part of that content. You understand what thought has done. We are absolutely nothing. All this super structure has been built by thought. And thought is the response of registration. Of course. You understand registration, like a tape. See what thought has done.

Krishnamurti .:-|

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The nature, the inmost nature of the self, when you have gone through all the layers of the self, the essence is nothing. You are nothing. Right? On that nothingness thought has imposed the super structure of consciousness. Consciousness being the content, without the content there is no consciousness - the content being you are a Hindu, Buddhist, your religion, your particular god, your puja, your anxiety, your sorrow, your pain, your hate, your love, all that is the content of your consciousness. Obviously. And the idea that you are super atman, or super, super consciousness is part of that content. You understand what thought has done. We are absolutely nothing. All this super structure has been built by thought. And thought is the response of registration. Of course. You understand registration, like a tape. See what thought has done.

Krishnamurti .:-|

Just because you have a low opinion of yourself is not a reason for the rest of us- I stand 5'8" and weigh 170 lbs. so if that's nothing so be it. What's your point? :lol::lol::lol:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
we are beautiful, intelligent animals of this planet, and can romp and play and work, and make
decisions for ourselves however we want to, we are something special, something unique, something
quite marvelous indeed.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
we are beautiful, intelligent animals of this planet, and can romp and play and work, and make
decisions for ourselves however we want to, we are something special, something unique, something
quite marvelous indeed.

I like your attitude better. :smile:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
What's your point?:lol::lol::lol:

One must understand oneself profoundly, one needs balance. That is, one cannot abandon the world, hoping to understand oneself, or be so entangled in the world that there is no occasion to comprehend oneself. There must be balance. This demands alertness and deep awareness. One must learn to observe ones actions, thoughts, ideals, beliefs, silently and without judgment, without interpreting them, so as to be able to discern their true significance. One must first be cognizant of ones own ideals, pursuits, wants, without accepting or condemning them as being right or wrong. At present we cannot discern what is true and what is false, what is lasting and what is transient, because the mind is so crippled with its own self-created wants, ideals and escapes that it is incapable of true perception.And that's my point .What's your point? :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
We are made up of the same stuff, the same energy that creates universes. We are our own gods and goddesses. We are only crippled by other people's ideas about what is possible and what is not. Once we understand our own creativity, that it has no limits, we will truely be those wonderous beings that talloola is talking about.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Cliffy
We are only crippled by other people's ideas about what is possible and what is not
...........and that is your idea Cliffy and fortunately I don't belive I'm being "crippled".

[
we will truely be those wonderous beings that talloola is talking about.

WE are "what is" ,what is- is what we are. We can't progress into something else -should be , might be ,perhaps.We are "what is".Therfore we are already the wonderful "What Is" that tallola has pointed out in her above post .When the mind realizes the limitation, the narrowness, the finiteness of thought, then only it can ask the question: what is truth? Is this clear? I do not accept truth given by philosophers - that's their game. Philosophy means love of truth, not love of thought. So there is no authority - Plato, Socrates, Buddha, but Christianity has not gone into that very deeply. They have played with words and symbols, made a parody of suffering and all the rest of it. So the mind rejects all that.

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Think China, nothing means no thing, no form, no essence, no existence whatever. If there is no you there is no thing if there is the you then there is a thing. You got it backwards China, we are everything and we can never ever escape that condition.
We are very tiny bits of the fractal universe, the concious mind is the illusion of independent life, only permitted for reflection on the whole which grants that illusion to animate and its awarness of itself, the one.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Think China, nothing means no thing, no form, no essence, no existence whatever. If there is no you there is no thing if there is the you then there is a thing. You got it backwards China, we are everything and we can never ever escape that condition.
We are very tiny bits of the fractal universe, the concious mind is the illusion of independent life, only permitted for reflection on the whole which grants that illusion to animate and its awarness of itself, the one.
We are the Who in Horton Hears a Who. The Earth is but a speck of dust in a dust storm that is the Universe. Our consciousness is only a tiny aspect of the greater consciousness of that dust storm. If by nothing, we mean insignificant or non-existent, that is wrong. In spite of our diminutive presence in the greater whole, we are, non-the-less, because of our composition of god stuff, significantly influential on the whole. Out perception adds to the greater awareness of the whole of itself.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
darkbeaver

You got it backwards China, we are everything and we can never ever escape that condition
Here we go again ......".Known can only know known".......what you know is what you have created your self- your ego,that is how you fuction ;your knowldege which is past and that is what you project ,....what you know , the past .The past is what the brain cells are composed of -every single brain cell is past ,nothing new in them, ever .3-6min .without oxygen the cells will die and all your knowledge will turn into dust........there goes your Phd- no truth in past .
and we can never ever escape that condition
simple realization that one is condition will release the conditioning .

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
china;1291620]darkbeaver

Here we go again ......".Known can only know known".......what you know is what you have created your self- your ego,that is how you fuction ;your knowldege which is past and that is what you project ,....what you know , the past .The past is what the brain cells are composed of -every single brain cell is past ,nothing new in them, ever .3-6min .without oxygen the cells will die and all your knowledge will turn into dust........there goes your Phd- no truth in past .

simple realization that one is condition will release the conditioning .

The conscious mind is not in brain cells it exists in the field surrounding the body or your aura if you like. I know that I have not created myself, I know that I have been created in the environment by environmental resources accreating around a bit with mass known as the spark of life. The past does not exist the future does not exist only the present counts, that is the lot of meat and bone. It's nice to go again with you China.

Cliffy;1291614]We are the Who in Horton Hears a Who. The Earth is but a speck of dust in a dust storm that is the Universe. Our consciousness is only a tiny aspect of the greater consciousness of that dust storm. If by nothing, we mean insignificant or non-existent, that is wrong. In spite of our diminutive presence in the greater whole, we are, non-the-less, because of our composition of god stuff, significantly influential on the whole. Out perception adds to the greater awareness of the whole of itself.

You and I seem to be from very similar planets. Have you ever been to earth?:smile:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I am everything. It is just as likely that I am a limitless vessel trimmed to fit this earth, as it is that I am an empty one filled to fit in.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
I agree with AnnaG. I am something as well. Only those with little or no self esteem would think otherwise...