And the Sun shall rise again...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
After watching Zeitgeist, the movie, I contacted Dexter Sinister to help me wade through some of the information portrayed in the first portion of the movie. Specifically relating to the Sun and how it moves through the sky.

Now, even though this could be seen as a science related topic, I placed this in the Philosophy section, because due the fact that we can't actually ask someone from the ancient societies to tell us how they came to their conclusions, it comes a discussion on a philosophical level. I would however respectfully ask that it not become an argument about Christ, Christians and whether or not he is or is not real. There are plenty of places on the board to further beat that dead horse all you want.

OK, Dex...

Let's start with the Cross of the Zodiac. The narrator says the sun figuratively passes through the Zodiac. Further along, he claims that the Sun lines up with Orion's belt.

I looked into it, your original assertion about the alignment of Orion's Belt, Sirius and the point at which the sun would rise on December 25th, being wrong, appears to be correct. But I must ask, if you were to look at the belt from a different declination on the globe, would it be closer to the assertion made in the movie? Secondly, would the passing of time have an affect on the position, between how we see it today, and how it was viewed a millenia ago?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Are you getting spacey on us Bear? 8O
:lol: I might be, but I can afford a space suit, so I'm stuck here, lol.

I think out of shear boredom, and the lack of fishing opportunities at present, is culminating in me diving head first into some serious conspiracy theories, lol.

I'm trying to temper that, by approaching people like Dex. Who just so happen to be quite grounded and knowledgeable.

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
OK, Dex...

Let's start with the Cross of the Zodiac.

Starting with the Cross of Jesus this is all I know about the Sun... :lol:

Last edited:

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
:lol: I might be, but I can afford a space suit, so I'm stuck here, lol.

I think out of shear boredom, and the lack of fishing opportunities at present, is culminating in me diving head first into some serious conspiracy theories, lol.

I'm trying to temper that, by approaching people like Dex. Who just so happen to be quite grounded and knowledgeable.
I will have to find a dvd of that film . It does peak my curiousity to what you are talking about. Tho I feel a little lost to what it is.
I have read theories about the math of the pyramids and how they are mathimatical models , even set up with the position of the Orion's belt. The conspiracy in me say that if you line up the top of the piramids with the stars of the Orion's belt , there might be something hidden in that spot .....i too get bored and make up stuff :roll:

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Secondly, would the passing of time have an affect on the position, between how we see it today, and how it was viewed a millenia ago?

i think so, im not adept in that feld, but doesnt our galaxy revolve around the centre of the universe, so mabye things back then were closer to us than now.... Thats if your talking about the constellations

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What is this film about , I am getting confused. They are talking about resource based economy. Theres a second film and a third in the works?
Where is this astrology part of it? 8O
The first 30 to 45 minutes of the first episode, is dedicated to proving that Christianity was a scam to con the masses into the control of the Romans. The movie lays out the foundation for this, by showing the pagan beliefs of the Zodiac. Then further along, makes claims about the sun aligning with Orion's belt, and Sirius, on December 25th, signifying the birth of the Sun, or "Son".

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Our solar system goes through our galactic plain every 30 million years . A millenia or two would have very little difference i believe