What is the Matrix

Cliffy
For you Goob.

YouTube - Matrix - The pill

In the movie, the Matrix is a computer simulated virtual reality that lets people believe they are living a normal life similar to how we think we are living today. In fact people are slaves to a system but they are so distracted by their jobs, mundane daily routines and entertainment that they are blinded to the truth of their situation - that they are slaves to the machines.

How does this relate to our present situation? Our brains are the most powerful computers we have at present. From the moment we are born we are programed by our parents, teachers, media and preachers to view the world in a particular way, to see reality as everybody else sees it, as a world of objects and beings that are material in nature. We have developed science to explain how the material system works.

But is it real or is it a program (virtual reality), a construct of the mind? Is the world as we perceive it what it really is? Are we in fact slaves to our machines, our technology? When the power goes off for a few days, what happens? How do we react? As a society, we panic. Within a day, the grocery and hardware store shelves are empty. People are hording, looking out for number one. Within two or three days there is a breakdown in the social order. There is chaos. We saw it in New Orleans.

Why does this happen? Because we are not programed to handle that kind of breakdown in the system. We have become more and more dependent on the system, because it is the system that is designed to enslave us through dependence and dept. When it brakes down, all our security blankets are revealed for the falsehoods they are and we react in anger and fear. We demand that our security blankets be returned to us.

What if none of this is true or real? What if we were brave enough to take the red pill? What would we find down that rabbit hole? Are we really ready to be truly free?

shadowshiv
The Matrix was the best movie of the three. The sequels just muddied the equation and made the experience less fun.

Cannuck
It was a good movie.

Cliffy
It was a philosophical metaphor. That was its intention.

Cannuck
Really? I thought is was to poke conspiracy minded folks with a stick.

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

It was a philosophical metaphor. That was its intention.

I know that. It is in the Spirituality & Philosophy section after all. I was just poking a little fun.

Cliffy
We have lived in the Matrix for two thousand years or more. The two major contributors have been Christianity and TV. TV has given the Matrix a whole new dimension of brain washing. We have progressed from consumers of false data and doctrine to mindless consumers of useless stuff.

EagleSmack

We have lived in the Matrix for two thousand years or more.

Do you mean that 2000 or more years ago machines took over the world and now they are incubating us for our body heat and energy!

SWEEEET!

Quote:

The two major contributors have been Christianity

Especially Christianity...because it is safe to bash it.

Quote:

and TV.

Not as much as Christians.

Quote:

TV has given the Matrix a whole new dimension of brain washing.

Well those machines are really smart...

Well those machines are really smart...

Whoa... I typed that twice! Dejavu...must be a skip in the Matrix!

Quote:

We have progressed from consumers of false data and doctrine to mindless consumers of useless stuff.

Well the Matrix wants us to be happy and content. It is better than eating a cold milk and cereal like substance all the time.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Especially Christianity...because it is safe to bash it.

Religion, especially Christianity has always been about controlling the masses. It is why Constantine made it the official religion of his empire while he did not even convert himself until his death bed and probably only then to shut up the bishops who were badgering him.

It is better than eating a cold milk and cereal like substance all the time.

Judging by the standard diet of most North Americans, they wouldn't know real food if it jumped up and slapped them in the face. "Don't rock the boat and finish up your Micky Ds."

EagleSmack

Religion, especially Christianity has always been about controlling the masses. It is why Constantine made it the official religion of his empire while he did not even convert himself until his death bed and probably only then to shut up the bishops who were badgering him.

So... Constantine made it the official religion because it was about controlling the masses?

Quote:

Judging by the standard diet of most North Americans, they wouldn't know real food if it jumped up and slapped them in the face. "Don't rock the boat and finish up your Micky Ds."

EeeeeRIGHT...

Just like we wouldn't know real beer.

Pass the Canadian bacon and maple syrup!

DurkaDurka

We have lived in the Matrix for two thousand years or more. The two major contributors have been Christianity and TV. TV has given the Matrix a whole new dimension of brain washing. We have progressed from consumers of false data and doctrine to mindless consumers of useless stuff.

TV is a little late to the game then.

Cliffy

So... Constantine made it the official religion because it was about controlling the masses?

By 300 AD Christians were tearing his empire apart, rioting in the streets and destroying statues of Roman gods, attacking institutions. He over saw the Synod of bishops putting together the bible, influenced which Christian writings of the day would be included and excluded and attached all his own titles to the newly deified Jesus. Then he ordered all libraries in his empire burned, all evidence of other Christian and non Christian writings destroyed. What would you call his actions? What do you think his motivations were?

EeeeeRIGHT...

Just like we wouldn't know real beer.

Pass the Canadian bacon and maple syrup!

I said North Americans. Do you exclude Canada from that exclusive club? Typical American. You think that you are the only people on the planet worthy of consideration.

AnnaG
I'd say that between business and politics, we've turned into consumers. Between religion in general, politics, and business we've been conditioned. Boil it down and it's Business that's leading people on this path and gov'ts cater to business and religions hide the issue.

EagleSmack

By 300 AD Christians were tearing his empire apart, rioting in the streets and destroying statues of Roman gods, attacking institutions. He over saw the Synod of bishops putting together the bible, influenced which Christian writings of the day would be included and excluded and attached all his own titles to the newly deified Jesus. Then he ordered all libraries in his empire burned, all evidence of other Christian and non Christian writings destroyed. What would you call his actions? What do you think his motivations were?

There was a little bit more to it than that. Constantine wanted order and Christians were causing a ruckus...no matter how much they were persecuted. The bottom line is that no matter how many lions were fed and Christian uprisings were squashed under the pagan boots, the rebellions and unrest never stopped. So it was more about appeasement and calm as opposed to allowing them to control the masses. Christians never did control all the masses did they?

Quote:

I said North Americans. Do you exclude Canada from that exclusive club? Typical American. You think that you are the only people on the planet worthy of consideration.

What is wrong with Mexican food?

I guess you decided to exclude Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador, etc. Or is North America to Anglo centric to you. Typical jealous nationalist.

Cannuck
I'm glad I'm unaware of the Matrix. Look how grumpy and silly it makes Cliffy look. I'm going to McD's for supper

Johnnny
Whats the matrix? this place cause god knows where some of you people came from....

spaminator
no new posts