Can compassinate mind forgive??

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
What is it to be compassionate? Try to find out for yourself,think it out ,feel it out, whether a mind that is hurt, that can be hurt, can ever forgive. Can a mind that is capable of being hurt, ever forgive? And can such a mind which is capable of being hurt, which is cultivating virtue, which is conscious of generosity, can such a mind be compassionate? Compassion, as love, is something which is not of the mind. The mind is not conscious of itself as being compassionate, as loving. But the moment you forgive consciously, the mind is strengthening its own center in its own hurt. So the mind which consciously forgives can never forgive; it does not know forgiveness; it forgives in order not to be further hurt.So it is very important to find out why the mind actually remembers, stores away. Because the mind is everlastingly seeking to aggrandize itself, to become big, to be something When the mind is willing not to be anything, to be nothing, completely nothing, then in that state there is compassion. In that state there is neither forgiveness nor the state of hurt; but to understand that, one has to understand the conscious development of the "me."So, as long as there is the conscious cultivation of any particular influence, any particular virtue, there can be no love, there can be no compassion, because love and compassion are not the result of conscious effort. Your point of view..

bluedog

Electoral Member
Jun 16, 2009
Nebraska
The moment you forgive consciously, your mind seeks to strengthen itself from the ordeal of hurt. I believe you said.

Compassion, is first an idea of the mind, then it must be an enlarging event in the heart sequentially to feel its ramifications on self and on others. As a Christian my soul is the filter of all things of my heart, it brings to fruition the fullness of His glory toward others, as it is the example of Christ in me.

My mind will often recall for me any past offense or any past defense. It will strive to filter all of my reactions to mankind today. My mind also has and will often cause me to second guess or question the validity of the truth of my decision for Christ.
This unending struggle has gone on and will go on for years. Alas, I know. I must forgive as He has forgiven me.
Satan has power only my mind attempting to disrupt my work for God, while I seek to show His Compassion, Forbearance, Humility and Servitude. I must remain ever Thankful to Him and develop daily my willingness to spread the Word of God in Love.
It is a quest and yes, a battle. Sometimes I overcome, sometimes I struggle to seeming futility. The Spirit of God though remains strong in my soul reinforcing me, keeping that filter of His vigilant, always aware, always alert.

I watch for those who would seek to destroy this relationship-worth more than any gold or gemstones.:fish:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
bluedog '

Thanks for the post
I watch for those who would seek to destroy this relationship-worth more than any gold or gemstones.

Don't look "for those others",start and stay with yourself .You are the only one who can "fix" or destroy any relationship( without going into a tiny whiny details) .

Last edited:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Compassion is simply the awareness of another's pain and the desire to make the pain go away.
I don't think minds can hurt. Feelings, yes; minds, no.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Hello China - how are you???

I enjoyed reading your message re compassion.

I think it is a self-issue segregated into varying degrees or categories:

One can feel compassion - and retain it by self-acknowledgment and introspection perhaps even being enlightened by new self-knowledge.

One can feel compassion - and attempt to remediate or alleviate another person's pain or discomfort (if possible).

One can feel compassion - accompanied by guilt if one imposes hurt or pain on another (if possible).

One can feel compassion - being witness to another's pain or rejection or isolation yet choosing to do nothing.

I think we all have the capacity for compassion - but what we do with the knowledge and depth of feeling within self or for another is another chapter in the story.

When one feels no compassion - it is the most serious problem for them.

Curio

(Trudging away trying to figure out what I wrote!!!):cool:

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
What is it to be compassionate? Try to find out for yourself,think it out ,feel it out, whether a mind that is hurt, that can be hurt, can ever forgive. Can a mind that is capable of being hurt, ever forgive? And can such a mind which is capable of being hurt, which is cultivating virtue, which is conscious of generosity, can such a mind be compassionate? Compassion, as love, is something which is not of the mind. The mind is not conscious of itself as being compassionate, as loving. But the moment you forgive consciously, the mind is strengthening its own center in its own hurt. So the mind which consciously forgives can never forgive; it does not know forgiveness; it forgives in order not to be further hurt.So it is very important to find out why the mind actually remembers, stores away. Because the mind is everlastingly seeking to aggrandize itself, to become big, to be something When the mind is willing not to be anything, to be nothing, completely nothing, then in that state there is compassion. In that state there is neither forgiveness nor the state of hurt; but to understand that, one has to understand the conscious development of the "me."So, as long as there is the conscious cultivation of any particular influence, any particular virtue, there can be no love, there can be no compassion, because love and compassion are not the result of conscious effort. Your point of view..
anything but bad spelling