You will never realize 'Truth' unless ............

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi --
The inner Truth cannot be realized unless the ego dies "The ego is the greatest obstacle on your path towards the Truth. The ego has no real existence of its own, for the mind and the ego are false. At present we are under the impression that the mind and ego are our friends, but they are only misleading us, taking us away from our true nature. The mind and the ego have no power of their own; the source of their power is derived from the Atman, our real existence. The Atman is our true Master. But we are presently being controlled and misguided by false masters, namely, the mind and the ego. Not only do they delude us, they also cover the face of our real nature. Know this and try to come out of the limited shell of your mind and ego. The seedling cannot emerge and grow into a large tree unless the outer shell breaks and dies. Likewise, the inner Truth cannot be realized, unless the ego dies."

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The seedling cannot emerge and grow into a large tree unless the outer shell breaks and dies. Likewise, the inner Truth cannot be realized, unless the ego dies."

That same seedling will push it's way through concrete with amazing ease and yet a brutal ego would break every bone in it's hands trying to smash through without even chipping the surface.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
That same seedling will push it's way through concrete with amazing ease and yet a brutal ego would break every bone in it's hands trying to smash through without even chipping the surface.

"The ego is out to kill you." Chris Moon

The ego is a fragile construct of the mind. It is created by a helpless infant who sees its environment as hostile. In tribal societies all over the planet, they had an initiation process that was designed to kill the childish ego and to have this person be reborn into its adult responsibilities within that society. We have no such process in our society so the ego rules the psyche all of our lives. But the ego is insecure by nature and wreaks havoc on our lives. Time to kill the little bugger.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I have heard of Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, she is a Hindu philosopher. Mataji means the Great Mother. I assume her name is Nirmala (Devi means Goddess, her followers certainly seem to think highly of her) and Mataji is the honorific bestowed upon her by her devotees.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
I have heard of Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi, she is a Hindu philosopher. Mataji means the Great Mother. I assume her name is Nirmala (Devi means Goddess, her followers certainly seem to think highly of her) and Mataji is the honorific bestowed upon her by her devotees. __________________________________________________________ I was more concerned with her message .