A thought is not the truth .

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT]

Your head seems to be full of thoughts, CHina. Definitely not empty. So as a person with so much thought running around between your ears, how can you be telling everyone about what it is like to be empty-headed?
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]

What I,m saying is not to be "empty headed"but to understand the nature of thought .That is ,what thought thinks about is made into a reality but it's not the truth. Beauty can never be the expression of thought. A bird is not made by thought and so it's beautiful. Love is not shaped by thought and when it is it becomes something quite different. The worship of the intellect and its integrity is a reality made by thought. But it is not compassion. Thought cannot manufacture compassion; it can make it into a reality, a necessity, but it will not be compassion. Thought by its very nature is fragmentary and so it lives in a fragmented world of division and conflict. So knowledge is fragmentary and however much it is piled up, layer after layer, it will still remain fragmented, broken up. Thought can put together a thing called integration and that too will be a fragment.
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
china,

Where do you get this stuff?

Thoughts come from ego. Most of the time they are not even our own but an echo of voices past, things read or seen. Fragmented because the unconscious or semi-conscious mind rarely holds a thought for more than a second or two. Only a conscious thought can be maintained for any length of time but even then, the mind has a tendency to wander.

Thoughts are not trustworthy. Only the heart can be trusted and is the source of truth. Some may ask, "what of a broken heart?" A heart cannot be broken, only an ego can be broken (hurt). How many people actually have a connection to their heart's wisdom? How many actually listen? Thought nor information are truth, just opinion.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Cliffy ,
china,
don't know what you mean ;where do you get your staff ?

Thoughts come from ego.
Well ,umph ,ok Cliffy .ah...where does the ego come from?..,which ego are you talking about Cliffy?,psychological or the one in Greek mythology ?

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
china,

Thoughts come from ego. Most of the time they are not even our own but an echo of voices past, things read or seen. Fragmented because the unconscious or semi-conscious mind rarely holds a thought for more than a second or two. Only a conscious thought can be maintained for any length of time but even then, the mind has a tendency to wander.

Thoughts are not trustworthy. Only the heart can be trusted and is the source of truth. Some may ask, "what of a broken heart?" A heart cannot be broken, only an ego can be broken (hurt). How many people actually have a connection to their heart's wisdom? How many actually listen? Thought nor information are truth, just opinion.

Maybe it's time to "deep six" this thread........LOL:lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
"what you mean ;where do you get your staff ?"- You should read the message before blundering in - that is not what he said. What he did say made perfect sense to me- you know you are perfectly within your right to post anything you want but if it's a bunch of nonsense, people are going to question it.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
JLM

you know you are perfectly within your right to post anything you want but if it's a bunch of nonsense, people are going to question it
You should read the message before blundering it JLM .
If there is something you don't understand - question it ;don't call it a bunch of nonsense . As far as Cliffy goes (in my post addressed to him) ,it's just what I have done ;I have asked him to question me .Trouble reading?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
...maybe it's all in the delivery. It just reads like you don't like to be challenged with a thought that is not your own.

A thought has its truth for the moment.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
lone wolf
...maybe it's all in the delivery. It just reads like you don't like to be challenged with a thought that is not your own.

A thought has its truth for the moment.
Dear l wolf ,where am I ,m being challenged , if you will read the replies to my posts ,they are usually bunch of accusations . If someone doesn't understand my posts- ask and I,ll explain my point of view ,hell ,I'm not always correct .

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
china,

I was just wondering if you pull these musings out of your head or if you take them from another source. I am usually fascinated by the depth of your topics, otherwise I would not bother to reply with my own musings on the subject.

I guess what I'm interested in is: I thought you said you were in some high powered sale job over there and I have spent the better part of my life just living in the forest in BC. We seem to come from opposite ends of our social spectrum and somehow have become interested in similar philosophical mental meanderings.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Oh, I forgot, by ego I mean the psychological one; the one that is the character construct of a very young child who finds itself in a hostile environment compared to the cloistered embiotic one before birth.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Cliff
Oh, I forgot, by ego I mean the psychological one; the one that is the character construct of a very young child who finds itself in a hostile environment compared to the cloistered embiotic one before birth.

At first I would like to tell you how much I envy you living in a forest in BC .
I have done that my self in my late teens early 20s in BC and Yukon .If you are sensitive Cliffy you will appreciate how much you can learn about your self in a forest.

What is an ego if not a product of thought of an image we have build about our self and even though we know that image is not real we are ready to lose (almost ) our life to protect it .

It's 11:30 pm and I,m hitting the suck .I'll continue tomorrow .