scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
G'Day and a fine day to all.

Humans have IMO, many attributes.
Some are good and some are not so good.

So: In your opinion 1. Best attribute.
So: In your opinion 2. Worst attribute.

In my opinion our best is: good communication.
In my opinion our worst is: poor communication.

Regards,
scratch

Last edited:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
In my opinion scratch, our best attribute is our willingness to nurture. To rescue animals, to save even deformed, deficient offspring and give them a good life. No other animal regularly 'rescues', 'heals', and 'nurtures' others the way humans do.

Our worst attribute in my eyes would have to be tribalism, our natural reflex to be wary of, and value less than us, other groups we've arbitrarily decided along some political, religious, or geographic line.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
In my opinion scratch, our best attribute is our willingness to nurture. To rescue animals, to save even deformed, deficient offspring and give them a good life. No other animal regularly 'rescues', 'heals', and 'nurtures' others the way humans do.

Our worst attribute in my eyes would have to be tribalism, our natural reflex to be wary of, and value less than us, other groups we've arbitrarily decided along some political, religious, or geographic line.

I would probably agree though it goes against one of Nature's most important rules: "Survival of the fittest", which ensures that the species always improves.. Left to nature, the weak die off and make room for the strong.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I would probably agree though it goes against one of Nature's most important rules: "Survival of the fittest", which ensures that the species always improves.. Left to nature, the weak die off and make room for the strong.

That's why it's unique. That we don't toss a paralyzed or ill person out in the cold to die and call it survival of the fittest is an integral part of human nature. That we don't lower ourselves to the level of animals (or other animals, however you want to look at it), is a GOOD thing.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
That's why it's unique. That we don't toss a paralyzed or ill person out in the cold to die and call it survival of the fittest is an integral part of human nature. That we don't lower ourselves to the level of animals (or other animals, however you want to look at it), is a GOOD thing.

I was thinking of animals, not particularly humans.
To rescue animals, to save even deformed, deficient offspring and give them a good life. No other animal regularly 'rescues', 'heals', and 'nurtures' others the way humans do.
Depending on the seriousness of the affliction, farmers often let the crippled die. Cattle ranchers generally let nature take it's course with the herd, but we sometimes find it in ourselves to intervene with a sick or injured calf.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I was thinking of animals, not particularly humans. Depending on the seriousness of the affliction, farmers often let the crippled die. Cattle ranchers generally let nature take it's course with the herd, but we sometimes find it in ourselves to intervene with a sick or injured calf.

Reading back through, where I started talking about human offspring it wasn't horridly clear that I'd made the shift from animal to human.... so it makes sense. But, even when it comes to animals, people generally do what they have the resources for. We quite often had sick calves living in our porch in the winter, because a) they're worth money, and putting some time in is often worth it in the end, and b) we had the time and space to give it a shot. We also had a cattle dog that we spent thousands of dollars and tons of time on, nursing back to health after a gunshot wound. But, three years before that, we wouldn't have had the resources, and he'd have just gotten a second bullet instead. Where we drew the line on the farm though was wild animals. We didn't have the time or money to be rescuing crippled coyotes or the like.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
our ability to forgive...even though many do not use it..

mankinds apparent pre-disposition to killing each other.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Ok, you asked" B = best and W, (surprise) = worst.

B Invite a few poor unfortunates you see on the street back to your house, nurture them, feed them, educate them. Let them eat with you and grow fat and sleek and trusting. Be a good Canadian.

W After they've become fat and sleek, kill and eat them.

8O.............hey, beats farmin.