Only that which comes to an end, can renew itself.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
I think when we talk of a spiritual entity, we mean by that something which is not within the field of the mind, obviously. Now, is the "I" such a spiritual entity? If it is a spiritual entity, it must be beyond all time; therefore it cannot be reborn or continued. Thought cannot think about it because thought comes within the measure of time, thought is from yesterday, thought is a continuous movement, the response of the past; so thought is essentially a product of time. If thought can think about the "I", then it is part of time; therefore that "I" is not free of time, therefore it is not spiritual-which is obvious. So, the "I", the "you" is only a process of thought; and you want to know whether that process of thought, continuing apart from the physical body, is born again, is reincarnated in a physical form. Now go a little further. That which continues-can it ever discover the real, which is beyond time and measurement. That "I", that entity which is a thought-process-can it ever be new? If it cannot, then there must be an ending to thought. Is not anything that continues inherently destructive? That which has continuity can never renew itself. As long as thought continues through memory, through desire, through experience, it can never renew itself; therefore, that which is continued cannot know the real. You may be reborn a thousand times, but you can never know the real for only that which dies, that which comes to an end, can renew itself.

Northboy

Electoral Member
I think when we talk of a spiritual entity, we mean by that something which is not within the field of the mind, obviously. Now, is the "I" such a spiritual entity? If it is a spiritual entity, it must be beyond all time; therefore it cannot be reborn or continued. Thought cannot think about it because thought comes within the measure of time, thought is from yesterday, thought is a continuous movement, the response of the past; so thought is essentially a product of time. If thought can think about the "I", then it is part of time; therefore that "I" is not free of time, therefore it is not spiritual-which is obvious. So, the "I", the "you" is only a process of thought; and you want to know whether that process of thought, continuing apart from the physical body, is born again, is reincarnated in a physical form. Now go a little further. That which continues-can it ever discover the real, which is beyond time and measurement. That "I", that entity which is a thought-process-can it ever be new? If it cannot, then there must be an ending to thought. Is not anything that continues inherently destructive? That which has continuity can never renew itself. As long as thought continues through memory, through desire, through experience, it can never renew itself; therefore, that which is continued cannot know the real. You may be reborn a thousand times, but you can never know the real for only that which dies, that which comes to an end, can renew itself.

Hello China,

You make an assumption that thought is always a response to the past. What of inspiration then? Inspiration does not have to be centred in the past, but can be independant and unconnected. Also, this proposition precludes the subconscious and supra conscious parts of the mind."Spirit" can be said to relate to both of these.

Interesting post though.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Hello China,

You make an assumption that thought is always a response to the past.
You can only think about something that you already know ,experienced ....
and that is past .
What of inspiration then? Inspiration does not have to be centred in the past, but can be independant and unconnected. Also, this proposition precludes the subconscious and supra conscious parts of the mind."Spirit" can be said to relate to both of these.
I think Northboy that inspiration has much to do with intelligence .If you are not intelligent,you are not a great creator .Therefore an intelligence, if kept " alive "will always act as a medium for inspiration : if you keep intelligence" awake "all the time, it will search for ideas , for new rays of connecting itself with life ; that is what I call an inpiration ; you get new ideas because of awaken intelligence .

Also, this proposition precludes the subconscious and supra conscious parts of the mind.
To me there is only consciousness .I think Northboy , intelligence dictates that these are only words, describing the same thing(consciousnss) ,in a different state .

Last edited:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
From where, then, comes invention?
From what I have read about the "inventions " ,they usually just happen by a mistake .
From past experiences , I have never heard of anyone who planned to have an invention , but I might be wrong.

ahmadabdalrhman

Electoral Member
Sep 14, 2008
www.watchislam.com

this life just test and the after death the accompt.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
From what I have read about the "inventions " ,they usually just happen by a mistake .
From past experiences , I have never heard of anyone who planned to have an invention , but I might be wrong.

Which would cause one to think about something he doesn't know or has not yet experienced.....

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I do! Olivine is my favourite. I find silicates, especially ultramafics the most 2nd most fascinating thing in the universe. What I find the most interseting and baffling is the unknown forces that instruct them to grow.