Being humble ( Tao )

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Being humble[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
If a man is crossing a river and an empty boat collides with his own skiff,
even though he be a bad-tempered man he will not become very angry.
But if he sees a man in the boat, he will shout at him to steer clear.
If the shout is not heard, he will shout again, and yet again, and begin cursing.
And all because there is somebody in the boat.
Yet if the boat were empty, he would not be shouting, and not angry.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you can empty your own boat crossing the river of the world,
no one will oppose you, no one will seek to harm you....
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Who can free himself from achievement, and from fame, descend and be lost amid the masses of men?
He will flow like Tao, unseen, he will go about like Life itself with no name and no home.
Simple is he, without distinction. To all appearances he is a fool.
His steps leave no trace. He has no power. He achieves nothing, has no reputation.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Since he judges no one, no one judges him.
Such is the perfect man:
His boat is empty.
[/FONT]

Is my boat empty....................?
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
If you empty your boat, even of yourself, then how will you travel the world?

"no one will oppose you, no one will seek to harm you..." but they will definitely take your boat.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
China

You offer a portrait of a serene but very lonely individual. Why be given voice and sight if we are not to use it. All our sensory powers are wasted. Our mind and heart are dormant.

I would rather hear the angry shouts knowing there are also kind and loving words from others.

Humans need humans.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
darkbeaver
Impeccably empty of ego means empty of human, but the empty vessel is full in its emptyness, the one is all

give me your money I will lighten your load on the way
Man ,here in the forum you are just "plain big".Try to use your talents in more lucrative places ; or perhaps you also hate money (making it) or don't know how.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
darkbeaver
Man ,here in the forum you are just "plain big".Try to use your talents in more lucrative places ; or perhaps you also hate money (making it) or don't know how.

Just a big number China. I'v been on my "way" what seems a long time now throw the money away it's keeping you bound, it's an illusion of power China.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
I'v been on my "way" what seems a long time now throw the money away it's keeping you bound, it's an illusion of power China.
Perhaps it is an illusion of power to some darkbeaver ,but so is this forum, just read some of the posts ,some of them just make me laugh and make me wonder if the writer of the post would say the same thing if he saw me face to face .As the saying goes ,... "the smalest dog makes the most noise".Any how , I've realized the importance of money , that is why I have have quit school at a young age ; then I could work and learn.They don't teach you how to make money in schools ; if the teacher knew how to , I don't think he or she would be a teacher .One who says money is not important darkbeaver , never had any .

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Perhaps it is an illusion of power to some darkbeaver ,but so is this forum, just read some of the posts .I've realized the importance of money , that is why I have have quit school at a young age ; then I could work and learn.They don't teach you how to make money in schools ; if the teacher knew how to , I don't think he or she would be a teacher .One who says money is not important darkbeaver , never had any .

Any weakness or addiction carries the same weight as money, the longer you live the heavier your crutch becomes, power is an illusion. They don't teach you how to shoot heroine in schools either. You can't buy what you need man, work is the only way and that is it's own reward.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Any weakness or addiction carries the same weight as money, the longer you live the heavier your crutch becomes, power is an illusion.
Obviously all weaknesses or addictions (psychological , not physical) are self made .It doesn't matter what your age is or how long do you live What matters is your realization of these weaknesses, and your willingness to heal .
Power is not an illusion , making allot of money is not an illusion Why do you
think it is so,..............?
They don't teach you how to shoot heroine in schools either.
I guess that's a beginning .

You can't buy what you need man, work is the only way and that is it's own reward.[/QUOTE

Well I love my work , I get pay very well ,I don't need very much but what I need I buy and pay for it and you dark beaver sound as if you were in Aushwitz ...." Arbeit Macht Frei" The work will make one free "

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Obviously all weaknesses or addictions (psychological , not physical) are self made .It doesn't matter what your age is or how long do you live What matters is your realization of these weaknesses, and your willingness to heal .
Power is not an illusion , making allot of money is not an illusion Why do you
think it is so,..............?

You can't buy what you need man, work is the only way and that is it's own reward.

Well keep up your exploration I'm sure you will heal someday, sorry to hear of your ailment , I sometimes forget when I'm talking to mortals.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Well keep up your exploration I'm sure you will heal someday, sorry to hear of your ailment , I sometimes forget when I'm talking to mortals.

As I said before my friend ; don't waste your time in writing in the forums ,you have talent especially in science -fiction .

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
As I said before my friend ; don't waste your time in writing in the forums ,you have talent especially in science -fiction .

I love work and your great stories China. How could I be wasteing my time basking in the shadows of luminaries like your illustrious self, you're too modest.:lol:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
does being humble include spouting pseudopsychological crap and telling everyone to stop thinking and to stop disagreeing with you?

.................Yup, guess so........works for him.

I like the part about saying it face to face. Would that I had the opportunity.

Stick that in yer Tao, er, whatever.........