Nature and You

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When was the last time you walked in the first monsoon rain and smelt the fresh fragrance arise from the wet earth? When did you last hug a tree or let your body fall onto the soft humus-covered floor of a forest? Living in China , in concrete jungles and crowded cities, I have almost lost my connection with the rhythms, sights, smells and tastes of nature.
But we are intrinsically connected with all this. The 50 liters or more of water which makes up your body right now was probably part of a subterranean stream, or a lake or some clouds floating over mountains. All that makes up the rest of the body comes from plants, animals, vegetables and, even other bodies.
At least a few molecules of oxygen that you breathed in today were breathed by others during their lifetime! Isn't all of existence a dance of interdependence? If we can see these connections, and actively work to make them happen in a natural and easy way, we would move towards a more wholesome life.
What can you do?....hug a tree ,feel your oneness with the sky.
Get your feet wet ,In Canada i used to go to parks and forests and sit silently communing with nature,you can learn allot. See all of nature and existence as your guru. Love and respect nature ;it is You.Your thoughts a always.

[/FONT]

Last edited: