What has the internet taken away from you?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
While the internet has opened a vast communication and information network, what has it taken away from you?

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
While the internet has opened a vast communication and information network, what has it taken away from you?

My ignorance. Well, some of it. Also my rose-coloured glasses. If anyone finds 'em, please pm me. :lol:

I've gained far more than I've lost tho - the world of information that is available to me, and a world full of people I'd never have met without the internet.

All in all, a fair trade I guess.

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
Very little. If anything I'd say it's enriched my life. The wealth of information one can find on the internet is astounding... granted, a lot of it is crap, but then the internet teaches us how to ignore that, too. I have no problems with it's "lawlessness."

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Time... tons and tons of my time.

But I've gained some great friends and a huge amount of knowledge. So, I'd say it was time well spent.

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
My ignorance. Well, some of it. Also my rose-coloured glasses. If anyone finds 'em, please pm me. :lol:

I've gained far more than I've lost tho - the world of information that is available to me, and a world full of people I'd never have met without the internet.

i would like to second that ,all apart from the rose coloured glasses bit lol

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com

i would like to second that ,all apart from the rose coloured glasses bit lol...:smile:

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
I am very curious and it has given me a world of information. It has allowed me to discuss a variety of subject with many people who have different views.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I would have to echo the majority of sentiment expressed in that gains far exceed the losses.

It still amazes me when I stop and think about it that we can have real time relevant dialogue with other people on the other side of the globe or even across the country. There can be real value in that I think.