Insight

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
What is insight? It is: to perceive something instantly, which must be true, logical, sane, rational ,is it not? Insight must act instantly. It is not that one has an insight and does nothing about it. If one has an insight into the whole nature of thinking there is instant action. Thinking is the response of memory. Memory is experience, knowledge, stored up in the brain. Memory responds: where do you live? - you answer. What is your name? - there is an immediate response. Thought is the result or the response of the accumulation of experience and knowledge, stored as memory. Thought is based upon, or is the outcome of, knowledge; thought is limited because knowledge is limited. Thought can never be all-inclusive; therefore it is everlastingly confined, limited, narrow. Now, to have an insight into that, means that there is an action which is not merely the repetition of thought. To have an insight into, say, the nature of organizations means that one is observing without remembrances, without argumentation, pro and con; it is just to see the whole movement and nature of the demand for organization. One has an insight into it, and from that insight one acts. And that action is logical, sane, healthy. it is not that one has an insight and then acts the opposite, then it is not insight. Have an insight, for example, into the wounds and hurts that one has received from childhood. All people are hurt for various reasons, from childhood until they die. There is this wound in them, psychologically. Now, have an insight into the whole nature and structure of that hurt. You are hurt, wounded psychologically? You may go to a psychologist, analyst, psychotherapist, and he may trace why you are hurt; from childhood, your mother was this and your father was that and so on, but by merely seeking out the cause, the hurt is not going to be resolved. It is there. The consequences of that hurt are isolation, fear, resistance, so as not to be hurt more; therefore there is self-enclosure. You know all this. That is the whole movement of being hurt. The hurt is the image that you have created for yourself about yourself. So as long as that image remains you will be hurt, obviously. Now, to have an insight into all that - without analysis - to perceive it instantly, then that very perception is insight; it demands all your attention and energy; in that insight the hurt is dissolved. That insight will dissolve your hurt completely, leaving no mark, and therefore nobody can hurt you any more. The image that you had created about yourself no longer exists.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
May I suggest you change the visual look of your posts, China ?

Break it up into spaces.

A whole block of words is daunting on the eyes, difficult to go to the next line, and really is a blockade to those afflicted with A.D.D.

Start styling.

Please.

:)

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Morning Jim, that's suggestion for China would contribute greatly to ease of reading his material.

'
"This explains why the more we know
the more how little we know."

That's painful sentence.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
jimmoyer

May I suggest you change the visual look of your posts, China ?

Break it up into spaces.

A whole block of words is daunting on the eyes, difficult to go to the next line, and really is a blockade to those afflicted with A.D.D.

Start styling.

Please.
ok

OK jimmoyer

I will

do it

starting

today .

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
LOL...

China, After you experiment with the extremes, the happy middle will come to yewwwww !!!

We'll win you over yet.

And Darkbeaver's 3 repeat posts?
Some bird must have landed on Darkbeaver's "tin can and string service provider" (ISP).
Or maybe his keyboard has the enter key becoming too sticky ????

Do we need a splatter guard ?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
"This explains why the more we know
the more how little we know

how little we know the more why this explains

why this explains the more we know how little we know the more

little explains why we know more how we know this

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
Hi china would you include precognition, into this equation, as with precognition although in your brief you equate the familiar properties of insight to the fact that you have experienced this prior to your later experiences with the same,but with precognition their is no familiar circumstances with which to compare you thoughts with...????And this still could be called INSIGHT !!!

Thought is based upon, or is the outcome of, knowledge; thought is limited because knowledge is limited
I'm afraid i would disagree with this statement as knowledge is not limited, only memory is...? There is plenty of knowledge that we have yet to touch on, as we use only a fraction of or brains,the fact that if we were able to stimulate the majority of it, we would become more aware of the unlocked knowledge within the brain,and the certain empathy's with which we would then be enlightened too..

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
I'm afraid i would disagree with this statement as knowledge is not limited, only memory is...?
Obviously "knowledge" is what we know ,what we know is kept in our memory -what we know is very limited .

There is plenty of knowledge that we have yet to touch on, as we use only a fraction of or brains
Aprox .25% ,last time I've heard .

,the fact that if we were able to stimulate the majority of it,
we would become more aware of the unlocked knowledge within the brain,and the certain empathy's with which we would then be enlightened too..

This is not a fact ,it is a speculation .
Please answer me Q121 what is knowledge , where does it come from...?Are you saying that we are born with knowledge ?....just curious .

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
Your brain is continuously being wired throughout your life, every experience you have whether good or bad adds to this wiring and changes you minute to minute. You are not the same person you were yesterday because youv'e had new experiences that have altered your way of perceiving things-

I remember growing into adulthood and at certain intervals of around every five or ten years, I would gain insights or epiphanies that changed the way I lived my life- an example would be on another thread where DB related a story of his american friend, whom he much admired (I enjoyed it by the way) his experience fundementally changed the way he looked at life and what was important and what was not.

Last edited:

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
Obviously "knowledge" is what we know ,what we know is kept in our memory -what we know is very limited .

This is not a fact ,it is a speculation .
Please answer me Q121 what is knowledge , where does it come from...?Are you saying that we are born with knowledge ?....just curious .

Are you saying that we are born with knowledge

Yes china i do believe we are born with a certain knowledge, and depending on what parts of the brain are stimulated around the first few months of birth, depends whether we keep the connections that have formed in our brains, if we don't use these connections ,then the body discards them ,and the connections are broken,never to be reformed again unless another neural pathway is made within the brain,when born all of us may have psychic abilities ,empathy's and possibly telekinetic ,but unless we develop these early on then the connections will sever ,people have begun to teach the fetus things whilst still maturing in the womb ,babies remember tunes and music played when still inside the body of the mother ,and experiments to do with such things are still occurring so yes i do believe that we do in fact know things about our surroundings before actually being born...!!!
Neural Pathways

Sensory nerve cells feed information to the brain from every part of the body, external and internal. The brain evaluates the data, then sends directives through the motor nerve cells to muscles and glands, causing them to take suitable action. Alternatively, the brain may inhibit action, as when a person tries not to laugh or cry, or it may simply store the information for later use. Both incoming information and outgoing commands traverse the brain and the rest of the nervous system in the form of electrochemical impulses.
The human brain consists of some 10 billion interconnected nerve cells with innumerable extensions. This interlacing of nerve fibers and their junctions allows a nerve impulse to follow any of a virtually unlimited number of pathways. The effect is to give humans a seemingly infinite variety of responses to sensory input, which may depend upon experience, mood, or any of numerous other factors. During both sleep and consciousness, the ceaseless electrochemical activity in the brain generates brain waves that can be electronically detected and recorded (see electroencephalography).

http://www.infoplease.com/ce6/sci/A0857003.html
Structural Maturation of Neural Pathways in Children and Adolescents: In Vivo Study

Tomá
Paus, *1
Alex Zijdenbos, 1 Keith Worsley, 1 D. Louis Collins, 1 Jonathan Blumenthal, 2 Jay N. Giedd, 2 Judith L. Rapoport, 2 Alan C. Evans 1 Structural maturation of fiber tracts in the human brain, including an increase in the diameter and myelination of axons, may play a role in cognitive development during childhood and adolescence. A computational analysis of structural magnetic resonance images obtained in 111 children and adolescents revealed age-related increases in white matter density in fiber tracts constituting putative corticospinal and frontotemporal pathways. The maturation of the corticospinal tract was bilateral, whereas that of the frontotemporal pathway was found predominantly in the left (speech-dominant) hemisphere. These findings provide evidence for a gradual maturation, during late childhood and adolescence, of fiber pathways presumably supporting motor and speech functions.
1 Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, 3801 University Street, Montreal, Quebec H3A 2B4, Canada.
2 Child Psychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, Building 10, Room 6N240, 10 Center Drive, MSC-1600, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA.
http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/conte...&author1=paus&searchid=QID_NOT_SET&FIRSTINDEX=

less in some ive met here in CC (not you m8) lol...:lol::lol::lol:

Obviously "knowledge" is what we know ,what we know is kept in our memory -what we know is very limited

Its all a matter of teaching , and understanding what we know ,and teaching the memory to remember, some people can remember a full deck of cards, most of us cant ,but its all to do with teaching the brain to remember, the nose can remember smells much more efficiently then the brain can remember places dates names etc etc, as it can remember when and where it first smelled something...???