Negative people make alot of noise.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Those who are negative make a lot of noise about how bad things are. Those who are positive quietly and steadily make a lot of real improvements and contributions to life.There are always problems and there are always challenges. And there are always people willing to transform those challenges into great opportunities.Those who have the courage, commitment and discipline to follow their own best dreams, bring the rest of the world along with them. Those who choose to do the best they can with what they have, create a better life for everyone.For every high-profile guru of doom who wails about how hopeless and unfair life is, there are millions of others working tirelessly to make life better than ever. For every frightening crisis that is breathlessly reported, there are millions of real, meaningful success stories that don't get noticed, but that do have enormous positive influence.Negative people obsess over the past while positive people work their way eagerly toward the future. Life gets better and better when you choose to make it so, and the future is bright indeed.

Reactions: AmberEyes

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
China

Yes I recall a billion or so Chinese that have had a very long time to exercise their peaceful non-negative outlook on life ......

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
China

Yes I recall a billion or so Chinese that have had a very long time to exercise their peaceful non-negative outlook on life ......

Our whole 'news' world is driven on negativity, they are not interested in positive moves
as they claim it is not interesting or news worthy, so that is the beginning of having
negative attitudes and acts stuffed down our throats each and every day. In my opinion
the news channels/papers etc., are soley responsible for the huge imbalance in our
everyday lives when it comes to 'information'. and, yes, negative people are big mouths,
as they constantly whine and complain, and positive people are out there going through
their lives doing good things, helping others, dying in wars, building our future, teaching
others how to move forward, but it seems no one wants to hear about it, and the
positive people don't have the big mouths, they are too busy 'living'.
If all the positive people in the world would move in 'mass' forward and push all of the
negative, aggressive, harmful, selfish, and whining people to the side, and move
together with their positive plan, our world would be a much better place to live.
Of course we know, that will never happen, just tune into the news tonight. I notice
how they will only focus on the election from a negative position, they won't show or
discuss the positive plans that some of the candidates have, to move forward and
improve peoples lives. Too boring I guess.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
Wow, post something optimistic and it draws such negative responses... I suppose it proved the title true:)

It came at a good time for me anyways. Certain colleagues at work have been quite negative lately and it made me sad, but I'm going to try to do the opposite. I do believe in goodness and I don't care if someone thinks that makes me naive or stupid. I think it's a better way to live.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
talloola ,

If all the positive people in the world would move in 'mass' forward and push all of the

negative, aggressive, harmful, selfish, and whining people to the side, and move
together with their positive plan, our world would be a much better place to live.

Fantastic idea talloola, let us start the idea in the forum ;"If all the positive people in this forum would move in mass forward"........

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
tracy,
It came at a good time for me anyways. Certain colleagues at work have been quite negative lately and it made me sad, but I'm going to try to do the opposite. I do believe in goodness and I don't care if someone thinks that makes me naive or stupid. I think it's a better way to live.

You can make a positive difference right now. It may be small, it may not seem to matter, but it does matter very much.Even if the only thing you improve is your attitude, you've done a great deal. For once you have a positive outlook and a positive momentum, you'll find even more ways to make your world a better place.
No matter what your history or your situation may be, you can make a positive difference. Start with something in your own life, and you'll soon see how you can spread the value to others.It's easy to become mired in the constant pronouncements and predictions of doom and gloom. But the fact is, you can point your life in whatever direction you choose.A small positive act is enough to get you started. Keep going, and there's no limit to the richness you can create.This moment will quickly pass whether you make use of it or not. Use it to make a positive difference, and see for yourself how many great possibilities suddenly appear.

Last edited:

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Those who are negative make a lot of noise about how bad things are. Those who are positive quietly and steadily make a lot of real improvements and contributions to life.There are always problems and there are always challenges. And there are always people willing to transform those challenges into great opportunities.Those who have the courage, commitment and discipline to follow their own best dreams, bring the rest of the world along with them. Those who choose to do the best they can with what they have, create a better life for everyone.For every high-profile guru of doom who wails about how hopeless and unfair life is, there are millions of others working tirelessly to make life better than ever. For every frightening crisis that is breathlessly reported, there are millions of real, meaningful success stories that don't get noticed, but that do have enormous positive influence.Negative people obsess over the past while positive people work their way eagerly toward the future. Life gets better and better when you choose to make it so, and the future is bright indeed.

You have no idea what your talking about. La lallalala bhla blabal.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Socrates the Greek,
Quoting china Those who are negative make a lot of noise about how bad things are. Those who are positive quietly and steadily make a lot of real improvements and contributions to life.There are always problems and there are always challenges. And there are always people willing to transform those challenges into great opportunities.Those who have the courage, commitment and discipline to follow their own best dreams, bring the rest of the world along with them. Those who choose to do the best they can with what they have, create a better life for everyone.For every high-profile guru of doom who wails about how hopeless and unfair life is, there are millions of others working tirelessly to make life better than ever. For every frightening crisis that is breathlessly reported, there are millions of real, meaningful success stories that don't get noticed, but that do have enormous positive influence.Negative people obsess over the past while positive people work their way eagerly toward the future. Life gets better and better when you choose to make it so, and the future is bright indeed.​

You have no idea what your talking about. La lallalala bhla blabal.
Still making alot of noise "wise" man'?

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Let me guess "The Secret". Improvements, contributions, challanges, oportunitys, that's the language of the neo-liberal globalists,you forgot one " daunting" it's empty rhetoric at its emptiest China.

"Those who have the courage, commitment and discipline to follow their own best dreams, bring the rest of the world along with them. Those who choose to do the best they can with what they have, create a better life for everyone."

Individualism will never and has never functioned better than a co-operative effort, and I challenge you to provide proof of those ridiculousely inncorrect statements which are nothing but new-age nonsence

"For every frightening crisis that is breathlessly reported, there are millions of real, meaningful success stories that don't get noticed, but that do have enormous positive influence."

Do you really consider mass starvation, pending global war and the rape of public assets in anyway balanced by the sale of a truck load of sneakers or the production of some crass theatrical piece in any way on a par with the pressing mundane realitys of this planet.

Negative people obsess over the past while positive people work their way eagerly toward the future. Life gets better and better when you choose to make it so, and the future is bright indeed.

There is no such thing as a negative person or a positive person, there is no person at all unless there exists a balance betweeen the two aspects intact in every individual. Wheather you consider yourself a positive or a negative person is purely subjective indeed the person who considers himself or herself a positive contributor to the human condition may in fact be a scoundrel entirely.

Many people who profess thier positively charged life experiance are rather more insensitive and incapable of empathy this alone makes it easy for them to maintain thier self image of positive contribution, but it has nothing to do with the truth. Thier ego compells them to applaud thier illusory benevolence.

"Negative people obsess over the past" this is as unsubstantial and meaningless as (positive people obsess over the future).

You should just totally rewrite this or pick another subject for this session China, this is your poorest work to date, you sound like you are about to start flogging a newage selfhelp book akin to that charletan Dr Phil or that awfull bore Ohpra Windbag. geezuss:smile::cool::lol:

quandary121

Time Out
Apr 20, 2008
lincolnshire
uk.youtube.com
Our whole 'news' world is driven on negativity, they are not interested in positive moves
as they claim it is not interesting or news worthy, so that is the beginning of having
negative attitudes and acts stuffed down our throats each and every day. In my opinion
the news channels/papers etc., are soley responsible for the huge imbalance in our
everyday lives when it comes to 'information'. and, yes, negative people are big mouths,
as they constantly whine and complain, and positive people are out there going through
their lives doing good things, helping others, dying in wars, building our future, teaching
Of course we know, that will never happen, just tune into the news tonight. I notice
how they will only focus on the election from a negative position, they won't show or
discuss the positive plans that some of the candidates have, to move forward and

Your obervations are soo true, i dont think i have ever seen good news stories !!! Except at the end when there being glib, more good news stories need to be shown, so that people of the world can see the good things that are happening every day,instead we are given the bad ones which make us think that the world is full of hate and anger ,when in fact it is not ,bad news sells and good news is shown as namby pamby and this way of reporting it makes it un-watchable if these good news stories were given better management im sure we would enjoy watching them ,but the current ways in which they are broardcast makes them seem too happy clappy and uninteresting ,positiveness is so hard to find when you are swamped by all the negative things and dampens what could be better attitudes in us all

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

and positive people are out there going through

So positive people are out there "dying in wars" and "teaching others how to move forward". Who needs to be taught how to move forward all you have to do is stand there and wait a while soon it will be tomorrow, you've moved forward all by your only. As a matter of fact you can't move backward,time compells you to move forward.

At least you could discusss what you see as positive news that you feel is being ignored by the main stream media instead of issueing a vague general statement. The candidates have no positive plans, everyone of them are psycopathic liars and thieves, actors, that's all, Obamalama blathers on about change while supporting the incumbent criminals position he never once told the masses that 451 of the richest citizens of the USA own more than the three billion poorest on the planet and I'll tell you why, he expects to help make it four billion and get richly rewarded for it, they are all worthless mouthpieces for the positivity cult, they are completely full of shyte.:smile:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Your obervations are soo true, i dont think i have ever seen good news stories !!! Except at the end when there being glib, more good news stories need to be shown, so that people of the world can see the good things that are happening every day,instead we are given the bad ones which make us think that the world is full of hate and anger ,when in fact it is not ,bad news sells and good news is shown as namby pamby and this way of reporting it makes it un-watchable if these good news stories were given better management im sure we would enjoy watching them ,but the current ways in which they are broardcast makes them seem too happy clappy and uninteresting ,positiveness is so hard to find when you are swamped by all the negative things and dampens what could be better attitudes in us all

You could right the wrong right here Quandry, just give us the good news stories that have been kept from you and all of us. List them.:smile:

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
It's nuance China!

How long have we listened to messages of positivism and "enlightenment" from our religions? And even with all these messages of tolerance forgiveness and generosity, what does human history tell us about religious belief? Western philosophy is bound up in the belief-patterns of Christianity.... and it would be difficult to ignore the impact of "Christianity" on Europe during the Dark Ages and the Inquisition and the Crusades etc. etc.

Let's ignore the dogma the ritual and the ceremony of it all and examine what a dramatic difference "belief" in "doing the right thing"....tolerating and forgiving each other for our misdeeds misadventures and mistakes.....

Perhaps you're telling us that the peacefully quiet herder and husbandman, the artist and the writer, the singer and the composers, all the quietly productive people of the world who embrace your sentiments....haven't been driven like cattle to the slaughter by a megalomaniac or coerced into bloodletting and mayhem at the encouragement of the conqueror and the political/religious zealot..... All the children sent to die in wars of humankind under all the flags and banners of hollow rhetoric were sent to die by generations who themselves practiced the lessons of their mothers and fathers....

Armies don't appear from nowhere! Greed and corruption aren't exclusively the province of the wealthy and the powerful!

Please provide me with an example of where when and how your notion has surpassed the anger fear and vehemence of the past in terms of preserving a peace and a climate of co-operation that has spanned generations....like the generations of hatred and fear and mistrust that keep cycling around the globe?

Empty.