Reality of the world.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
All our problems have arisen because of our acceptance that it is possible for us to understand the reality of the world, or the reality of our existence. What I am saying is that you have no way of experiencing anything that you do not know. So anything that you experience through the help of your knowledge is fruitless. It is a lost battle.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I have to agree China. As you know I have only a tenuous attachment to reality, hanging on by the merest thread at the best of times. What's it good for anyway always cloging up the imagination slowing the production of my creative juices interferring in my pursuit of happyhappy. We could do with a good deal less reality arround here. I'll talk to Colpy.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
darkbeaver,
In the search for reality, energy creates its own discipline. But mere discipline, without full comprehension of all this, has no meaning, it is a most destructive thing.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
I have to agree China. As you know I have only a tenuous attachment to reality, hanging on by the merest thread at the best of times. What's it good for anyway always cloging up the imagination slowing the production of my creative juices interferring in my pursuit of happyhappy. We could do with a good deal less reality arround here. I'll talk to Colpy.
------------------------------------------Darkbeaver--------------------------------------------------------

LOL !!!

"...a tenuous attachment to reality..."

Speaking of "tenuous attachments," have you upgraded your tenuous tin can and string connection to these "internets" ???

You don't seemed to have the trouble you used to have.

And since reality is no longer an issue, perhaps all that remains is this umbilical cord to this mother ship of a forum.

Wait.

It's time.

For another message to come into this corporeal thread.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
What I am saying is that you have no way of experiencing anything that you do not know. So anything that you experience through the help of your knowledge is fruitless. It is a lost battle.

please explain.

It seems that you are saying that it is a logical conclusion that if one cannot experience something you don't know, then if you DO know something, you can't experience it, which is rather like saying "you can't cross the road without looking, so if you look, you can't cross the road"

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
------------------------------------------Darkbeaver--------------------------------------------------------

LOL !!!

"...a tenuous attachment to reality..."

Speaking of "tenuous attachments," have you upgraded your tenuous tin can and string connection to these "internets" ???

You don't seemed to have the trouble you used to have.

And since reality is no longer an issue, perhaps all that remains is this umbilical cord to this mother ship of a forum.

Wait.

It's time.

For another message to come into this corporeal thread.

No I have not made the jump to wireless communication, I believe a higher power has allowed me better band exploitation because of the important indeed cardinal nature of my contributions. It's in the best interests of us all to pay close attention to my seeming vaccuous ramblings.
Now back to the subject at hand, reality. What the hell is it? Is it expensive and do we really need it now that we have global realtime telly repleat with mutinational talking heads with expensive hairdoos and very important messages from the benevolent sponsers?

Reality is subjective. Reality is objective. Reality is undetermined. Reality is a human construct. Which is it? Is it any or is it all? Does the sharp object driven into the arm test tell us anything?

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Vereya ,hermanntrude ,

We have an idea of harmony. How to live at peace with yourself -- that's an idea. There is an extraordinary peace that is there already. What makes it difficult for you to live at peace with yourself is the creation [of the idea] of what you call "peace," which is totally unrelated to the harmonious functioning of this body. When you free yourself from the burden of reaching out there to grasp, to experience, and to be in that reality, then you will find that it is difficult to understand the reality of anything. You will find that you have no way of experiencing the reality of anything, but at least you will not be living in a world of illusions. You will accept that there is nothing, nothing that you can do to experience the reality of anything, except the reality that is imposed on us by the society. We have to accept the reality as it is imposed on us by the society because it is very essential for us to function in this world intelligently and sanely. If we don't accept that reality, we are lost. We will end up in the loony bin. So we have to accept the reality as it is imposed on us by the culture, by society or whatever you want to call it, and at the same time understand that there is nothing that we can do to experience the reality of anything. Then you will not be in conflict with the society, and the demand to be something other than what you are will also come to an end.

Last edited: