The impotent Truth.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Why should truth be impotent? Because truth has no action. Truth is weak. Truth is not utilitarian, truth cannot be organized. It is like the wind, you cannot catch it, you cannot take hold of it in your fist and say, “I have caught it.” Therefore it is tremendously vulnerable, impotent like the blade of grass on the roadside – you can kill it, you can destroy it. But we want it as a thing to be used for a better structure of society. And I am afraid you cannot use it, you cannot – it is like love, love is never potent. It is there for you, take it or leave it.Just like you can agree or disagree with the post .

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Like the Belief thread.... exactly to what end are you trying to seek with these perspectives? Belief and Truth are what go hand in hand with our consciousness.

If you really want to break it down, what's the point of emotions, and do they even really matter in our everyday survival?

All these things you seem to focus on which seem at the observational level as limited or not really all that worthwhile to hold value in, are all things which give us the process of imagination, emotions, and development.... evolution even.

Without any of these unique things, we might as well be computers..... now where's the fun in that?

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
L Gilbert
Wind can erode mountains and bury the past.
Yes ,wind has a tremendous strength to do just that .Truth.... has no action .

Love can cause life or cause death.
There is not a speck of death in Love and I,m not talking about any "feelings" of which Love is not.

What about truth?
It's impotent .

Truth can bring justice, happiness, despair. Impotent?
Truth can not bring Love or Happiness anywhere , unlike justice or despair , these 2 are not product of thought
Only in your mind.
Perhaps not Only

Northboy

Electoral Member
Why should truth be impotent? Because truth has no action. Truth is weak. Truth is not utilitarian, truth cannot be organized. It is like the wind, you cannot catch it, you cannot take hold of it in your fist and say, “I have caught it.” Therefore it is tremendously vulnerable, impotent like the blade of grass on the roadside – you can kill it, you can destroy it. But we want it as a thing to be used for a better structure of society. And I am afraid you cannot use it, you cannot – it is like love, love is never potent. It is there for you, take it or leave it.Just like you can agree or disagree with the post .

Truth and Love do not in themselves need to be an "action", but rather are ingredients into the "form" of thought, then in God's good time, formed thought is discerned and becomes "action".

From the point of view of framing thoughts and then the resulted actions from such thoughts, Truth and Love are all powerful. Just depends where you decide to analyze the process of thought and action from....

Just my 2 cents....

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Truth is only in the proper explanation of past events and though we might derive a truth from that, there is no guarantee that the truth will be a proper guide for future events; so no truth can be set as absolute.

hariharan

Nominee Member
Jan 28, 2008
India
Scott I agree with your point. We discussed this in another thread "Truth & Time". Truth and time are always related. It may become meaning less if we consider them separately? The power of truth depends on the necessity of it. Necessity again related to time. Your comments Scott.

Truth is only in the proper explanation of past events and though we might derive a truth from that, there is no guarantee that the truth will be a proper guide for future events; so no truth can be set as absolute.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Scott I agree with your point. We discussed this in another thread "Truth & Time". Truth and time are always related. It may become meaning less if we consider them separately?

As I see it nothing is absolute so long as time exists; not until time becomes static does the absolute become possible; not even the absolute truth can exist inside time.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Scott Free

As I see it nothing is absolute so long as time exists; not until time becomes static does the absolute become possible; not even the absolute truth can exist inside time.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely .

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Scott Free

As I see it nothing is absolute so long as time exists; not until time becomes static does the absolute become possible; not even the absolute truth can exist inside time.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely .

lol

Good point. Perhaps the absolute truth can only be known as a thing is perceived in its entirety from beginning to its end. This would take time out of the equation so the thing could be known completely as it would no longer be subject to change. It seems this is probably completely beyond human ability and is moving toward chaos theory.

hariharan

Nominee Member
Jan 28, 2008
India
We will not be able to sense anything, which is independent of time. What we see, fell everything is related with time. If something is independent of time then it must be invisible to us. We cannot make anything independent of time.

lol

Good point. Perhaps the absolute truth can only be known as a thing is perceived in its entirety from beginning to its end. This would take time out of the equation so the thing could be known completely as it would no longer be subject to change. It seems this is probably completely beyond human ability and is moving toward chaos theory.

Reactions: dancing-loon

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
We will not be able to sense anything, which is independent of time. What we see, fell everything is related with time. If something is independent of time then it must be invisible to us. We cannot make anything independent of time.

Exactly! So we can't know the absolute truth absolutely (because it is hidden over time) even though we know this is true - absolutely, we also know it isn't true absolutely (because it isn't observable in time). So even though we know it can't be true we still know it is. Truth is perception from a point in time and absolute truth is perception of a point without time.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Actually China, Ive come to a new understanding of time in the last few weeks. It is my opinion that time is the result of a gradient dispersion and does not itself exist. This means time is not a fundamental building block of the universe but is a derivative effect. As a result I have realized that no object in the universe can be fully realized by us; this is to say that objects are much different than we imagine (observe). If I am right, then "truth" can not ever be known because it has an ontological reality of which we only perceive a fraction of its objectivity; this is to say the object of truth thusly can not be known. Truth manifests itself as two realities: knowledge of a thing, and transcendent idealization (morality); both require time, yet within the confines of time, neither can be fully realized.

That's how I see it anyway.