Just meditation , that's all.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Meditation is to be aware of every thought and of every feeling , right? never to say it is right or wrong but just to watch it and move with it ,right? In that watching you begin to understand the whole movement of thought and feeling. And out of this awareness comes silence. Silence put together by thought is stagnation, is dead, but the silence that comes when thought has understood its own beginning, the nature of itself, understood how all thought is never free but always old – this silence is meditation in which the meditator is entirely absent, for the mind has emptied itself of the past. As always ....your thoughts .

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I would say true...

You take me to the hunt. I Bow Hunt, often still style, but I will stop and sit in an area were I feel there may be traffic.

There I will sit, motionless, watching waiting, becoming part of the forest. It is easy to loose ones self in the moment.

Endlessly thinking of yourself at that moment, oft leads to mistakes. It's best to let go, relax, take a deep breath, release and let go.

When you do it right. You truly become part of the whole, as apposed to being the outsider. When you do it right, the world opens up before you. The world ignores you as you were, but accepts you as you are.

Birds perch and nestle into the arrow cocked in your bow, the squirrels run over your shoulders and sit patiently on your knee. And you can feel their life.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
CDNBear,
I know that you don't see me Bear , but I also sit there, motionless .But maybe you see me.
Oh, I do, I see everything.

It's just this side of the unexplainable. You cease to be a singular. I have been there and failed to take the kill shot, because I was not I. There is nothing but one.

I know this is going to sound silly, but at the end of one of the 'Matrix' movies, Neo is standing in a field of 1's and 0's, a mere shape in the conglomeration of the whole.

That would be the only way, I could describe it. Nothing is one and one is nothing, but all is one and the one is all.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
It'
s just this side of the unexplainable. You cease to be a singular. I have been there and failed to take the kill shot, because I was not I. There is nothing but one.

That's meditation.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Meditation is a state of mind which looks at everything with complete attention, totally, not just parts of it. And no one can teach you how to be attentive. If any system teaches you how to be attentive, then you are attentive to the system and that is not attention.I think that meditation is one of the greatest arts in life —perhaps the greatest, and one cannot possibly learn it from anybody, that is the beauty of it. It has no technique and therefore no authority. When you learn about yourself, watch yourself, watch the way you walk, how you eat, what you say, the gossip, the hate, the jealousy —if you are aware of all that in yourself, without any choice, that is part of meditation.In the understanding of meditation there is love, and love is not the product of systems, of habits, of following a method. Love cannot be cultivated by thought. Love can perhaps come into being when there is complete silence, a silence in which the meditator is entirely absent; and the mind can be silent only when it understands its own movement as thought and feeling. To understand this movement of thought and feeling there can be no condemnation in observing it. To observe in such a way is the discipline, and that kind of discipline is fluid, free, not the discipline of conformity.

jellyfarm

Electoral Member
Meditation is a state of mind which looks at everything with complete attention, totally, not just parts of it. And no one can teach you how to be attentive. If any system teaches you how to be attentive, then you are attentive to the system and that is not attention.I think that meditation is one of the greatest arts in life —perhaps the greatest, and one cannot possibly learn it from anybody, that is the beauty of it. It has no technique and therefore no authority. When you learn about yourself, watch yourself, watch the way you walk, how you eat, what you say, the gossip, the hate, the jealousy —if you are aware of all that in yourself, without any choice, that is part of meditation.In the understanding of meditation there is love, and love is not the product of systems, of habits, of following a method. Love cannot be cultivated by thought. Love can perhaps come into being when there is complete silence, a silence in which the meditator is entirely absent; and the mind can be silent only when it understands its own movement as thought and feeling. To understand this movement of thought and feeling there can be no condemnation in observing it. To observe in such a way is the discipline, and that kind of discipline is fluid, free, not the discipline of conformity.

I'd like to add to that...

When mind is silent, all is nothing.

One goes beyond the body...a certain experience of death you could say. Many a time when I'm in meditation, I experience a kind of death. A death of my ego, my physical, material identity like my name, my hair colour, where I went to school.

Suddenly all that fizzles out in the great nothingness. It can be scary for a lot of people to experience that but later when used to it, can be invigorating but I must add that when you start meditating for a couple of months, years, you will begin to notice energy shifts within you. Any or all of the following can happen and this is speaking from personal experience only, yeah?

1. You will start to listen more to your inner impulses, not the logical part of your head but more to your heart.

2. You may open up your sixth sense and hence become more intuitive, psychic (which has happened to me)

3. As you begin to get more in touch with your consciousness and higher self, or I'd like to call it THE REAL YOU, your body will simply begin to reject eating certain kinds of food, in my case, I cannot handle too much caffeine already otherwise I will get anxiety attacks. You stop smoking and for some people they don't even want to touch unhealthy red meats anymore, drink sodas or even processed food.

4. You become calmer and more patient but it doesn't mean you are devoid of feelings of anger, sadness, depression....On the contrary, you may still have those feelings but the difference is, you become more AWARE of them and allow them THROUGH you instead of letting them control you, thus enabling you to become more in control of your choices to be angry, sad or depressed. It's all an outlook anyway.

5. You don't cry as much as you used to because you begin to appreciate the good things about all the bad things that are happening to you when they do. In other words, the glass is always half full, not empty.

6. You begin to become MORE creative and energetic, recognising more of your life's purposes.

7. You begin to be less fearful and worried while getting more comfortable with yourself and your place in this world. Yes, you still may have fears, but you move through them faster and once you stop thinking and silence your mind, fear dissipates very quickly.

Hmmm.....lessse....what else?

8. Oh yeah! You talk less. You don't see the need to jabber on 24-7 just cause.

9. You get more in touch with your inner child and people begin to say how much younger you look. I'm 35, but a lot of people say I look 24 or 25. Haha! Well, I must say that my ego was very stroked when they said that.;-);-):lol:

Guess thats-a-it!

Those are some of the signs I've noticed about me-self when I started meditating a few years back and I'm a very changed person now.

Try it! It really works!