Your Path

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
[FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times][FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times]The path has to be yours. I don't want to use the term `path', because it has mystical overtones .... "My" path, Ramakrishna's path, Jesus's path, or the Buddha's path , they are all worthless. Nobody can come to Truth unless or until all the other paths are rejected by him. Then it becomes his own path. So, only if you reject all the other paths can you discover your own path.[/FONT][/FONT]

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
[FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times][FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times]The path has to be yours. I don't want to use the term `path', because it has mystical overtones .... "My" path, Ramakrishna's path, Jesus's path, or the Buddha's path , they are all worthless. Nobody can come to Truth unless or until all the other paths are rejected by him. Then it becomes his own path. So, only if you reject all the other paths can you discover your own path.[/FONT][/FONT]

Maybe for you....but not for everyone. In fact, it's pretty arrogant of you to make a statement like that.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
This is the arrogance:

So, only if you reject all the other paths can you discover your own path.

I have known people that have decided to follow the path of Jesus, including people on this board, and they feel it is THIER path to follow. Who are you to decide what is and is not the proper path for different people?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
My path, while containing short segments shared by many others, is a unique medley of many paths. Each choice I make is a different door, a different path. So while I may travel down a hallway frequented by others, the finished path, that is my life, will be very different. The paths are my choices and my experiences. It is not by rejecting paths that I learn who I am, but on recollecting on the paths I have walked.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
My path, while containing short segments shared by many others, is a unique medley of many paths. Each choice I make is a different door, a different path. So while I may travel down a hallway frequented by others, the finished path, that is my life, will be very different. The paths are my choices and my experiences. It is not by rejecting paths that I learn who I am, but on recollecting on the paths I have walked.

exactley

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Who are you to decide what is and is not the proper path for different people?

Nobody Is deciding anything or anyone my friend ,I'm just stating a fact and there is nothing "arrogant " doing it.

I have known people that have decided to follow the path of Jesus, including people on this....

What is the difference between "your own path", path o Jesus ,Buddha or whatever?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Nobody Is deciding anything or anyone my friend ,I'm just stating a fact and there is nothing "arrogant " doing it.

What is the difference between "your own path", path o Jesus ,Buddha or whatever?

Read what you stated...here, I'll repost it for you:

So, only if you reject all the other paths can you discover your own path.

How is this a "fact"? This is an oppinion of yours and IMNSHO is arrogant also.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
I've taken a good look at my path while in my latest mushroom trip. I've got two more steep hills to climb, and then it's going to be peace and tranquility for me.
Your path is something that you create for yourself. It changes slightly with every choice that you make. I don't think you can just choose it and walk it. You have to shape your own path before you start to walk it.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
gerrych,
How is this a "fact"? This is an oppinion of yours and IMNSHO is arrogant also
The fact is that if you cleanse your brain from the past, from opinions and from second hand knowledge then perhaps you will see "the Light" and then you will realize that that is your Path .

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
gerrych,
The fact is that if you cleanse your brain from the past, from opinions and from second hand knowledge then perhaps you will see "the Light" and then you will realize that that is your Path .

and this is a far cry from stating that one MUST reject all other paths that have been laid out for you. One could do all of the above and find that their path lies with Christ, or with Buddha, or with Allah without having to "reject" anything to begin with.

Your original statement is no different from the multitude of "organised religions" that state that one must reject all other paths except the one they have laid out to be able to gain grace in God.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
nd this is a far cry from stating that one MUST reject all other paths that have been laid out for you. One could do all of the above and find that their path lies with Christ, or with Buddha, or with Allah without having to "reject" anything to begin with.

Your original statement is no different from the multitude of "organised religions" that state that one must reject all other paths except the one they have laid out to be able to gain grace in God.

You are playing with words .

daisygirl

Electoral Member
May 28, 2007
Ontario

Excellently stated. Tonington!

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
So china do tell hows that comunist path treating ya
Funny you should ask---in a very Capitalistic way-- something very rare in Canada .
How is the welfare path treating you ,read you've got a raise .

Last edited: