How The Concept of a Mater Plan Defies Free will

Minority Observer84

Theism Exorcist
Sep 26, 2006
The Capitol
Have you ever wondered why there is suffering in the world and why there is pain ?
I have quite frequently .
I came a few years ago to the conclusion that suffering and pain is caused by pain givers . People who enjoy and relish the sorrow and pain of others why else would there be suffering ? But there are also people who do not enjoy this , people who commit atrocities in the name of their faith , freedom or other seemingly noble aspirations .People make choices and the world we live is the product of our choices , the choices of others , and simple mathematical probability . These concepts are clear , even one who relishes in the pain of others on some level makes an choice to put his/her pleasure above the pain of others . Men like Jeff skilling for instance , I don't think enjoy the sadness and the idea of the lives they destroyed ,but still put their personal interests ahead of the pain of others . These people in fact make a choice to disregard others and put themselves first . Sometimes however people will also talk about the idea of a Master Divine plan , a preordained place in the universe for each and every single one of us . They do not talk about probability but certain knowledge of the future that indicates that that future is in fact fixed , as if some divine entity preordained our lives and if that is the case , do we really have a choice in anything that we do ? Logically I cannot see how I have any choice in anything if my life has already been foretold , supreme knowledge of the future is in my opinion logically not compatible with free will , Since free will indicates a randomness of paths and a multiplying factor of that randomness (remember out lives are products of our choices and other people's choices ) over the generations and you get a wacky and unpredictable world which the one we live in appears to be .

Thoughts ...........