Rock or hard place, your choice

AndyF

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2007
Ont
So tell me again why I should be greatful for existing? Perhaps I was happier as a cloud of quirks and strings.:smile:

Simply out of the desire of a superior being I come from neutral comfortable nothingness "to be", only to be confronted with some realities, that I am "being" forever, that if I don't conform and show appreciation I will be made uncomfortable forever. There is never a condition where one can oppose, worse, that every disagreement is a measure of unappreciation, that everything is taken personally.

Studying my new environment objectively, I discover spiritual class beings who in a better position to realize the result of the actions and offend the creator fair better when sentenced. I discover that I am to strive for perfection when save for 2 people out 2+- trillion (and still counting) who were deliberately made that way, have never attained it. Those odds are supposed to instill hope and inspire me. I discover my kind is already stigmatized, showing me I enter in the midst of a battle ground and environment of opposing forces and an aire of hostility, definitely not the peace of non-existance.

The superior being claims the right to cause aware beings to be, that he can reach in that pool of nothingness parts box and make us. Since no judicial system exists, it is just as invalid as valid that that claim is justified. The very fact that he can "claim" supposes a pre-existing justice or code to abide by, when there is none. All created beings can claim on that same precept or lack thereof, that they have a right not to exist.

So I think these are the key points. Of course I find life interesting but I wonder about the value of it. It seems it should have value outside of the what is right and wrong. I think there are issues that are unjust based on things that have nothing to do with de/merit. As I already mentioned, spiritual beings should not be favored over material beings if they prove they can offend just as the material can. Most importantly for the sake of appearance, if anyone really cared, added culpability should exist because of their favored position, not the reverse. Another is black box justice. There is never any consideration how we may feel about having justice hidden from us, never any consideration of anxiety it may cause. Why not have the result of celestial trials revealed to us. If we would discover just what was told to us, what harm would it do to reveal it.? What is it to bend to triviality just once, as a true Father would for his children. He makes that claim remember, yet another claim?

AndyF

Last edited:

snfu73

disturber of the peace
We all must choose our paths in life. I for one, am not going to put my choice of paths in the hands of an entity that may or may not be there, and who many can't even seem to agree on what this entity is even all about, or trying to tell us through his/her main representation on this earth...the bible. I must be me...and make decisions that work best for me...and for those around me...and for my community...and for the greater population of the world as a whole...in that order. I feel that without religion, I have good morals and values and mean well. Without "knowing god or jesus", I am quite capable of being a damn good person. I must be me...plain and simple

AndyF

Electoral Member
Jan 5, 2007
Ont
snfu:

I don't understand. Your saying there is no such thing as a supreme authority, but you suggest a set order I should follow, a morality, a....something that we know for sure is finite, why? And who even cares? What is it you are trying to preserve? If there is nothing after life then what I cause that wipes man off the earth was an option of many anyway, and eventually man will not even know it was done to him.

You love order. Suppose now my order is disorder. I love chaos. Since I'm here for 50-90 years give or take, I better start enjoying every bit of what pleases me now. Pain I cause is temporary, 50-90 years at most for everyone. See where I'm going with this?. With you not establishing a God you have a bull in a china shop. The only precept you have that you can appeal in me is the temporary "I should be a good person."

So I'm a bit side tracked here, but my point is that my existance caused the first (Prima) satisfaction, God's. The satisfier is man through his creation and is his gift. This fact is swept under the rug, and on creation the oness is placed on man to show charity and appreciation for existing. It is almost a dare of sorts. That to me doesn't make sense.

AndyF