The Key to Success is in Yourself

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
Don't be afraid of what life has to offer you.
If you believe that life is worth living,
your belief will help create the fact.

The barrier between you and success
is not something that exists in the real world.
It's simply composed of doubts about your ability.
Your only limits to your realization of tomorrow
will be your doubts of today.

Success is a state of mind.
If you want to be successful,
start thinking of yourself as successful.

You are what you believe yourself to be.

-The Daily Guru

A lot of people seem to be of the belief that success happens to those that are lucky. Certainly it's like that for some, like the child born into a wealthy family, but for most of us "average" people success is a measure of how hard we can work to get what we want.

A well-known example that relates to all of us is that of weight. Quite often we complain that we're overweight or unhealthy. We often blame it on ourselves, our parents, our friends and our emotions. We sometimes blame it on the food companies, on society and culture. But who's the real culprit in this example of self-pity and pain? Ourselves. We eat and eat, knowing full well that what it is we are eating is bad for us, that it's too much and we shouldnt' be doing it. Yet we do it anyway, digging ourselves deeper and deeper into the hole of despair and bad health. When we look back on our bad habits there is a fear, a belief that the problem is far too big and we could never fix it no matter how hard we tried. Yet all we need to do is give ourselves an exercise in self-discipline. All we need to do is change our diet, our habits and our mindset. We need to stop thinking we can't, and start thinking we can. When we put our minds to it, we can do almost anything. I know I make it sound easy, that it isn't as easy as I put it. But you see, there in lies the main problem. We believe it's harder than it looks, and so we make it so. By allowing ourselves to think it's easy, it becomes easy.

Change yourself, don't expect the world to do it for you.

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
I don't come here often anymore, as I've got a new life with a full schedule (sadly). When I do show up though, I try to be a little helpful, even if it's in the smallest way :)

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I don't come here often anymore, as I've got a new life with a full schedule (sadly). When I do show up though, I try to be a little helpful, even if it's in the smallest way :)

Nice to see you pop in Amber. Thanks for the breath of inspiration.:smile: