Search for truth.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Hi, I would like you to make a living discovery, not a discovery induced by the description of others. If someone, for instance, had told you about the the country of China , how bad it is ,its unfriendly people, poverty etc and you came here for a visit you'd probably have your minds prepared by that description, and then perhaps you would be disappointed by the reality. No one can describe reality. You must experience it, see it, feel the whole atmosphere for your self.Most people who think that they are seeking truth have already prepared their minds for its reception by studying descriptions of what they are seeking. When you examine religions and philosophies, you find that they have all tried to describe reality; they have tried to describe truth for your guidance.Now I am not going to try to describe what to me is truth, for that would be an impossible attempt. One cannot describe or give to another the fullness of an experience. Each one must live it for himself. Like most people, you have read, listened and imitated; you have tried to find out what others have said concerning truth and God,concerning life and immortality. So you have a picture in your mind, and now you will probably want to compare that picture with what I am saying. That is, your mind is seeking merely descriptions; you do not try to find out anew, but only try to compare. But since I will not try to describe truth, for it cannot be described, you might be disapointed.When you hold before yourself a picture that you are trying to copy, an ideal that you are trying to follow, you can never face an experience fully; you are never frank, never truthful as regards yourself and your own actions; you are always protecting yourself with an ideal.If you really probe into your own mind and heart, you will discover that you are reading this post to get something new; a new idea, a new sensation, a new explanation of life, in order that you may mould your own life according to that. Therefore you are really searching for a satisfactory explanation. You are not absorbing this with an attitude of freshness, so that by your own perception, your own intensity, you may discover the joy of natural and spontaneous action. Most of us are merely seeking a descriptive explanation of truth, thinking that if we can find out what truth is, we can then mould our lives according to that eternal light.If that be the motive of the search, then it is not a search for truth. It is rather for consolation, for comfort; it is but an attempt to escape the innumerable conflicts and struggles that must be faced every day.And that's the truth.

Last edited:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Curiosity :Truth is in the heart and eye of the beholder - there is no other "general" truth - only the individual's
To me "truth" is only a word and word is NEVER the thing.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
China

WOW - that one had me going...... To me "truth" is only a word and word is NEVER the thing.

Way to start my week China !!