This ia life

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed...every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle...when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
as far as I'm concerned, wht it means is that once the sun comes up, you'd better save your energy for when it's most needed. Hitting the ground running as soon as the sun comes up just means that you'll be exhausted once the lion decides he's ready for a snack. I want to be the freshest, best rested gazelle when that moment comes. Or, on the flip side, the lion who slept in while the gazelles ran themselves silly.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Dung is very important, dung management is an enterprize that should be stressed in school.
When the sun comes up you better have your dung together, even before you start to run.:wave:

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
Dung is very important, dung management is an enterprize that should be stressed in school.
When the sun comes up you better have your dung together, even before you start to run.:wave:
hehehe good point. in fact if u want best protection you're best getting up before the sun, doing your dung, and being a long way from it when the lion wakes up

adi

Mar 8, 2007
Donetsk
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed...every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle...when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.
I don't agree with (when the sun comes up, you'd better be running).Why?Everyone choose that he want's.I can't divide this opinion but everyday I wake up with thougths that I should go at the university because....I won't continue I know that u have inderstood me.But we haven't said about people who had connected their life with art. If they wake up every morning with your thigs on their lips,I think we have not culture....

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I don't agree with (when the sun comes up, you'd better be running).Why?Everyone choose that he want's.I can't divide this opinion but everyday I wake up with thougths that I should go at the university because....I won't continue I know that u have inderstood me.But we haven't said about people who had connected their life with art. If they wake up every morning with your thigs on their lips,I think we have not culture....

What is life without art? Which came first the culture or the art? You should go at university only after you have aknowleged the sun and gotten your dung in order.Without that we have constipated bowels of artistic asperation. Maybe Picaso had that problem.:wave:

Rar! I'm a scary monster!

Electoral Member
Mar 10, 2007
Western NC, USA
I think one of the issues here is that westerners may not think in proverbial terms as much as many in the east. I don't know if it's over-analyzation on our part, but I've noticed we can kill a proverb fairly quickly.

ex:

"You can't tell a book by its cover"

Western person a: "But I can get a good idea from the dust cover. They describe the book on that inner sleeve."

Western person b: "But you don't know how well the book is written"

Western person a: "I don't have time for that. Besides, if it's a good book wouldn't it have had good funding? Doesn't that mean the cover art would be more suited for and descriptive of the book's contents?"

Western person b: "I think you're confusing 'more popular' with 'good book'"

Eastern person: "Guys, it just means....bah, nevermind. You intelligence is showing. :( "

Moral- We just think differently sometimes. I think I'd rather be neither the gazelle nor the lion. I'd rather be a hippo munchin on some grass watching the gazelles and lions play tag.

Reactions: eh1eh

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Rar! I'm a scary monster

I think one of the issues here is that westerners may not think in proverbial terms as much as many in the east. I don't know if it's over-analyzation on our part, but I've noticed we can kill a proverb fairly quickly.

ex:

"You can't tell a book by its cover"
Western person a: "But I can get a good idea from the dust cover. They describe the book on that inner sleeve."

Western person b: "But you don't know how well the book is written"
Western person a: "I don't have time for that. Besides, if it's a good book wouldn't it have had good funding? Doesn't that mean the cover art would be more suited for and descriptive of the book's contents?"

Western person b: "I think you're confusing 'more popular' with 'good book'"

Eastern person: "Guys, it just means....bah, nevermind. You intelligence is showing.
"
Moral- We just think differently sometimes. I think I'd rather be neither the gazelle nor the lion. I'd rather be a hippo munchin on some grass watching the gazelles and lions play tag.__________________________________--

Thanks,China

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
And I am a Wolf, roaming at night, when everything is still and quiet, after you have done your running and doing things to your dung! :wave:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I don't think I'd want to be either lion or gazelle, either. Much rather be a chameleon watching all this nonsense from a tree limb while I catch my bugs. Always thought it would be nifty to have each eye independent of each other and a brain able to process two different images at the same time while telling body parts what color to change to. :D
On the other hand, it'd be kinda neat to be a dolphin. They have a great sense of fun.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Hi to all of you who have answered my post . Thank You .
The above is one of the ways I have used (in Canada) to motivate my salesman durring sales sessions. Nothing to do with zoology .
You might say that the gazelle represnts the salesman who wants to earn his livelihood (commission) ,and the lion.....?,well , a tax man, ofcourse.
They all made good money.

Last edited:

Rar! I'm a scary monster!

Electoral Member
Mar 10, 2007
Western NC, USA
L Gilbert-

Dolphins are aweome, but they can be rat bastards too. I've seen very evil 'frat boy abuse' coming from a group of males who were attacking and raping a lower-escelon male.

Stupid TV disillusioning me and my like of dolphins.....:angry6: