A hope in men not in the society

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
There is hope in men,not in society, not in systems,not in organized religious systems,but in you and in me.
To understand the misery and confusion that exist within ourselves, and so in the world, we must first find clarity within ourselves, and that clarity comes about through right thinking.This clarity is not to be organized, for it cannot be exchanged with another. Organized group thought is merely repetitive. Clarity is not the result of verbal assertion, but of intense self-awareness and right thinking. Right thinking is not the outcome of or mere cultivation of the intellect, nor is it conformity to pattern, however worthy and noble. Right thinking comes with self-knowledge. Without understanding yourself, you have no basis for thought;without self-knowledge, what you think is not true."Our system of upbringing is based on what to think not on how to think."True liberation is an inner freedom of creative Reality.This is not a gift ; it is to be discovered and experienced.It is not an acquisition to be gathered to yourself to glorify yourself.It is a state of being, as silence, in which there is no becoming, in which there is completeness.This creativeness may not necessarily seek expression.You need not be a great artist of have an audience; if you seek these, you will miss the inward Reality.It is neither a gift, nor is it the outcome of talent; it is to be found, this imperishable treasure, where thought frees itself from lust, ill-will and ignorance, where thought frees itself from worldliness and personal craving to be. It is to be experienced through right thinking and meditation."If you really want to know yourself, you will search out your heart and your mind to know their full content and when there is the intention to know, you will know.Then you can follow, without condemnation or justification, every movement of thought and every feeling as it arises; by following every thought and every feeling as it arises you bring about tranquility which is not compelled, not regimented, but which is the outcome of having no problem, no contradiction.It is like the pool that becomes peaceful, quiet, any evening when there is no wind; when the mind is still, then that which is immeasurable comes into being.The beginning of meditation is self-knowledge, which means being aware of every movement of thought and feeling, knowing all the layers of my consciousness, not only the superficial layers but the hidden, the deeply concealed activities.To know the deeply concealed activities, the hidden motives, responses, thoughts and feelings, there must be tranquillity in the conscious mind; that is the conscious mind must be still in order to receive the projection of the unconscious . Surely the one thing which can bring about a fundamental change, a creative, psychological release, is everyday watchfulness, being aware from moment to moment of our motives, the conscious as well as the unconscious."There is no path to truth, it must come to you.
Truth can come to you only when your mind and heart are simple, clear, and there is love in your heart; not if your heart is filled with the things of the mind.
To know yourself you need not go to any book, to any priest, to any psychologist. The whole treasure is within yourself.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Ah, clarity, there's a word! Sweet, sweet clarity. And of course, its rascal cousin, brevity. May they live forever!

Chukcha

Electoral Member
Sep 19, 2006
There is hope in men,not in society, not in systems,not in organized religious systems,but in you and in me.
One very smart man said in one of the topics once, clean your own backyard then worry about others - this is very true, simple but thougthfull. Unless we start correcting our selves, not others, we will struggle untill the end of the universe. If we see wrong doing by others, we shoud say to ourselves, I will never do it, I will never hurt that person, I will never kill, and if all of us will think that way, we will live happilly every after.