The crime .

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
I think that there is either a revolt within the pattern of society, or a complete revolution outside of society. The complete revolution outside of society is what I call religious revolution. Any revolution that is not religious is within society and is therefore no revolution at all, but only a modified continuation of the old pattern. What is happening throughout the world, I believe, is revolt within society, and this revolt often takes the form of what is called crime. There is bound to be this kind of revolt so long as our education is concerned only with training youth to fit into society - that is, to get a job, to earn money, to be acquisitive, to have more, to conform.
That is what our so-called education everywhere is doing - teaching the young to conform, religiously, morally, economically; so naturally their revolt has no meaning, except that it must be suppressed, reformed, or controlled. Such revolt is still within the framework of society, and therefore it is not creative at all. But through right education we could perhaps bring about a different understanding by helping to free the mind from all conditioning - that is, by encouraging the young to be aware of the many influences which condition the mind and make it conform . Any thought?

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Dear China - missed you!!

Education of the young is of prime importance in the continuation of any culture or society with a positive eye to the future.

Learning is important but more significant is the creation and formation in each young person the natural curiosity and inquisitiveness which allows them to seek out new ways of thought, questioning that which is conformative to society, being able to exert their individual gifts and accommodate their personal limits and liabilities without shame or taunting.

To have pride in themselves, their ability to love, feel compassion, and to go forward with as much knowledge as they can absorb in their learning years....carefully adding along the way a sense of humor and little fear of challenges.

If all children were brought up knowing they are needed to contribute in their own special way with their own special skills, we would have offered our most precious creatures their freedoms to "be"... as they were intended.

It isn't a matter of "a job", "a family", "a position in society", but as an "independent individual working for society in his or her own special area of knowledge and expertise".

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
A reporter once asked Gandhi what he thought about western civilization....Gandhi replied that he thought it was a good idea....

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
Today we put to many restraints of children especially in education instead of letting the develop the own imagination, inquisitiveness, and all the rest. We keep to fit them into a mold set by society and religion, we even try to erase their individuality. When will we learn to help our children develop their qualities instead of changing them!

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
If you dominate a child, compel him to fit into a pattern, however idealistic, will he be free at the end of it? If we want to bring about a true revolution in education, there must obviously be freedom at the very beginning, which means that both the parent and the teacher must be concerned with freedom and not with how to help the child to become this or thatIf you dominate a child, compel him to fit into a pattern, however idealistic, will he be free at the end of it? If we want to bring about a true revolution in education, there must obviously be freedom at the very beginning, which means that both the parent and the teacher must be concerned with freedom and not with how to help the child to become this or that

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Morning China - stay dry and "full of power" today

When I think of strict rearing of children I branch out past their schooling and into their personal home lives.

While I agree there must be structure so a child can know and expect familiarity of routine, but some
children born into very strict religious groups or even cults concern me that when they begin their
journey of independence from the family unit, they will rebel into far more trouble than necessary because they have no "schooling" in the world outside.

There is a family in the U.S. who is often televised for their huge family numbers - they have I believe at last count 17 children.... live a modest (but seemingly well financed) family life, a religious life of
fundamentalism, and the children seem blessed with high functioning intellect and physical abilities.

And they all look like little machines. Blank eyes, forced friendliness, empty laughter, and work work work to do their "chores".....

What will happen when they mature I wonder? What are the percentages of success in finding themselves and what they are really like. Seems they have all the right "answers" and none of the real "answers".

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
I belive that an ignorant man is not the unlearned one , but one who does not know himself, and the learned man is stupid when he relies on books, on knowledge and on authority to give him understanding. Understanding comes only through self-knowledge, which is awareness of one's total psychological process. Thus education, in the true sense, is the understanding of oneself, for it is within each one of us that the whole of existence is gathered...

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
if this is thread about crime , then the biggest crime human can do is Nithari Kand

Google for "Nithari Kand"--------------____________________________________________________________

I am glad that the title has attracted you to this thread.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
if this is thread about crime , then the biggest crime human can do is Nithari Kand

Google for "Nithari Kand"--------------____________________________________________________________

I am glad that the title has attracted you to this thread.

Morning/Afternoon/Evening China sorry about that unrelated response!

Distracting posts by Vinod should not sidetrack or derail your topic....

He seems determined to bring all of our attention to his specific needs.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I belive that an ignorant man is not the unlearned one , but one who does not know himself, and the learned man is stupid when he relies on books, on knowledge and on authority to give him understanding. Understanding comes only through self-knowledge, which is awareness of one's total psychological process. Thus education, in the true sense, is the understanding of oneself, for it is within each one of us that the whole of existence is gathered...

China - back to the topic

That was an excellent description of the differences between concepts of knowledge. That is the very point I am concerned for in the educational system of the modern world where we concentrate on force feeding the child instead of stimulating the child brain into exploration...where the feeding will come more naturally.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Curiosity:

Distracting posts by Vinod should not sidetrack or derail your topic....

He seems determined to bring all of our attention to his specific needs.

Thanks for your support Curiosity.Things come and things disappear .

Last edited: