Is it morally correct for men to leave parenting on womans shoulders?

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
I believe that parenting is mostly a woman's responsibility. Men definitely should do their part of the work, but bringing up children is the woman's first and foremost task. Men have other responsibilities - they provide the safety and comfort of their family, allowing the woman to give most of her time to the children. That is why the future of any nation depends on its women - the women not only give birth, but also rear and shape the children.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I believe that parenting is mostly a woman's responsibility. Men definitely should do their part of the work, but bringing up children is the woman's first and foremost task. Men have other responsibilities - they provide the safety and comfort of their family, allowing the woman to give most of her time to the children. That is why the future of any nation depends on its women - the women not only give birth, but also rear and shape the children.

As always tactful and eloquant *smile*

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I think in an ideal world both parents would be responsible for child rearing. We all know individual cases where it is best if one parent is absent, but that's not the general rule imo. I personally think it's sad how undervalued fathers are in our society. My dad is one of the most important people in my life. He's certainly how I know what a man should be. Not having that relationship would have been a real loss.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada

I agree with you 100% Vereya.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I strongly disagree any one parent should have responsibility...... children are born because two people were necessary to produce them.... there is a reason for it....unless we inseminate women, tell them to go away, have their child until next time we wish to have sex. Little thought given to the child at all.

In a perfect world everyone would have a mother and father unless death robs those children.... but broken marriage, no marriage, stranger sex, even donor insemination.... all leave a hole in a child's life and I am not preaching that we should change it....often it is not possible...

I do not believe perfect is the rule when it comes to parents.

But for the health and welfare of any child, if two can oversee the nurturing of their children, those children will benefit by far - much more than those raised in single parent households....

Nikki

Free Thinker
Jul 6, 2006
calgary,ab
www.avonbynikki.com

Wow.... Let me introduce you two the 21 century Vereya and china 21 century, 21 centrury Vereya and china.

Are you kidding me!? What a sexist statement. Please tell me you are both male because if you are female and saying that someone should smack you.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
Parenting must be a shared responsibility. Any man who thinks differently is a lazy coward.

shared more than just by two.

As a species that lives in tribes, socialization is a major factor in the rearing of children. The more parent-models a child has the better.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

In this day and age, certainly in my world, both parents work. Most women will take a few years off to look after young children but usually return to work at some point. The joys of having that "extra" salary are hard to give up. When our kids were in elementary school, it just happened that I got home earlier than my wife. It seemed only reasonable that I should start dinner. Later, I ran a business out of our home and I was soon doing most of the cooking, which I still do to this day. I happen to enjoy cooking and over the years I've gotten pretty good at it. It doesn't take rocket science to throw in a load of laundry either. I don't think you can separate household jobs by gender. If I tried, somebody might just hit me over the head with a baseball bat.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
"It doesn't take rocket science to throw in a load of laundry either."

You wash clothes manually?

Yup...we have to manually open the door to the washer and manually put the clothes in and manually close the door and manually push the button to start the machine...oh the pain...:):)

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
no, my cloths wash themselves. :lol: As in I don't "throw a load", which sounds rather manual.

I am just poking juan a bit. As in "laundry is for the hired help" tee hee....

I am on the west coast too.