Sensation

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Everything about us, within as well as without-our relationships, our thoughts, our feelings - is impermanent, in a constant state of flux. But is there anything which is permanent? Is there? Our constant desire is to make sensation permanent, is it not ? Sensation can be found again and again, for it is ever being lost.... Being bored with a particular sensation, I seek new sensation.... every sensation comes to an end and so we proceed from one sensation to another and every sensation strengthens the habit of seeking further sensation. My mind is always experiencing in terms of sensation. There is perception, contact, sensation and desire and the mind becomes the mechanical instrument of all this process. With the arising of sensation comes the urge to possess....and so begins the turmoil of desire.... and the habit of seeking further sensation... and is there an end to sorrow ? Is it possible to live a daily life with death, which is the ending of the self? ...There is only one fact impermanence....every sensation comes to an end.... Can the mind the brain remain absolutely with that feeling of suffering and nothing else....there is no movement away from that moment, that thing called suffering. Is there an action in which there is no motive no cause - the self does not enter into it at all? Thought identifies itself with that sensation and through identification the 'I' is built up.... identification with sensation makes the self. If there is no identification is there a self? So is it possible not to identify with sensation?
[/FONT]​