el solipsisto manifesto (not everyone's cup of tea... =)

mayasecret

Aug 23, 2006
mayasecret.googlepages.com
I’m not sure how one goes about asking complete strangers to noodle through a few dozen pages of one’s own thoughts… ideas here better resembling alphabet soup gone insane than an organized progression of thinkery… sentences completely unsolicited… though I am, I must say, increasingly confident that this most likely isn’t…

This almost manifesto is the last breath of my faith in philosophy… brought on – or rather carried off – by the discovery that philosophy is – in my opinion – unable to push itself past words… (which isn’t to say that I’ve anything against them…)

I also deny there being any philosophical progress to speak of to date… in that the replacements haven’t exactly done just that… as in, if you’ve yet to make it off of the drawing board, it takes faith – or rather ignorance/presuppositions – to believe yourself to be anywhere else…

Essential to this paper is Alan Watts’ idea of a ‘think’... a ‘unit of thought’… which is to say something… that’s certainly this and not that… leading me back to the notion that human minds work within a system of dichotomy… giving metaphysics not so much the boot as 2 of them… one for abstraction as it were… which isn’t revolutionary in itself (Plato indeed lost his forms in his own lifetime and knew it…) though what is quite groundbreaking, is that I actually take this seriously… philosophical faux pas I know…

Lastly, this paper is written with its nose as well as well as its middle finger way up at the idea that philosophy – or rather whatever/Whatever philosophy’s chasing – is only to be found within page limits… within convention… and chained to the MLA citation format…

This is a manifesto denying the denial of Solipsism... and then turning tail and running back down Plato's cave... achingly wonderful reasons on my mind...

It’s also me taking a swing at Sophia… which is to say Maya… only it might turn out to be a hug…

Thanks in advance for any and all of your time… it’s sincerely appreciated much more than much…
=)
ryan

snag a copy @:
http://mayasecret.googlepages.com/home

(I’m not selling anything… there’s no advertising… it’s just that it’s formatted with a background I’ve kind of ground fond of… there’re a few pictures… and, in the Word version, the endnotes are really quite convenient - just hold the cursor over the endnote links and the endnote just pops up =)