Home and house

geeky_pig

Feb 5, 2015
Hello. I'm a student of Eurasian Linguistic University in Russia and I'm working on a paper on the concept 'home". I need native speakers' associations with the words "home" and "house". As I don't have any friends Canada, your associations would help me out.
:smile:Could you answer the question,please: what associations do you have with the words "home" and "house"? Thank you!

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
First off, Welcome to CC.. hope you find what you're looking for here.

geeky_pig

Feb 5, 2015
First off, Welcome to CC.. hope you find what you're looking for here.
:D Thank you for your fine gesture and although you are basically the first person giving me the finger I consider it a warm welcome:)
House MD is also what I'm looking for - an association. I just want associations for both words - "home" and "house"

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Hello. I'm a student of Eurasian Linguistic University in Russia and I'm working on a paper on the concept 'home". I need native speakers' associations with the words "home" and "house". As I don't have any friends Canada, your associations would help me out.
:smile:Could you answer the question,please: what associations do you have with the words "home" and "house"? Thank you!

House is just the physical structure, home is the physical structure plus the ambience, plus the yard, lawn, gardens and the character, mood etc. of the denizens. In short it's the environment. Where do you hale from?

geeky_pig

Feb 5, 2015
House is just the physical structure, home is the physical structure plus the ambience, plus the yard, lawn, gardens and the character, mood etc. of the denizens. In short it's the environment. Where do you hale from?
Thank you! :)

geeky_pig

Feb 5, 2015
I'm sorry I first missed your question. I'm from Irkutsk in Siberia. Foreigners usually visit Irkutsk to see lake Baikal, that is not far from here.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007

welcome piggy!

I remember Irkutsk as a territory we could take over with rolls of the dice in the game RISK.

Papa was a rolling stone
wherever he laid his hat was his home
and when he died
all he left us was alone

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
A home is any permanent or semi-permanent dwelling place for a person, people, tribe, animal or animals. A home could be an actual dwelling, like a house or a nest. But it could also be a geographical area, such as a village, town, city, county or country.

A house is a building that functions as a home for humans and/or other creatures. These range from rudimentary dwellings, such as a mud hut, to a huge block of flats.

geeky_pig

Feb 5, 2015
A home is any permanent or semi-permanent dwelling place for a person, people, tribe, animal or animals. A home could be an actual dwelling, like a house or a nest. But it could also be a geographical area, such as a village, town, city, county or country.

A house is a building that functions as a home for humans and/or other creatures. These range from rudimentary dwellings, such as a mud hut, to a huge block of flats.
Thanks for a very detailed reply:)

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
A house is where you live, eat, sleep, and have shelter. A home is what I said plus you are welcomed with unconditional love, open arms, warmth, passion and understanding. However the best discription is as Blackleaf said "HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS", is says it all.