National Day(s)of Reason in Canada

Scooby

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2012
Alberta
Many atheists in Canada feel somewhat marginalized this time of year. Why not have Christmas Day also recognized as National Day of Reason for the atheists as a holiday in conjunction?

Discuss...

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
That's pretty deep, but what does it have to do with social harmony?or equity?
Many atheists in Canada feel somewhat marginalized this time of year. Why not have Christmas Day also recognized as National Day of Reason for the atheists as a holiday in conjunction?Many atheists in Canada feel somewhat marginalized this time of year.

Discuss...

Social harmony is hardly served by accusations against Christians questioning their lack of reasoning faculties. They believe in a force called creative and it's work called creation while the atheistic materiaist believe he/she was built by matter without design. I think this points to a lack of reasoning among atheists so it should hardly be appropriate for them to cellibrate reason when they don't have one. They believe they are the product of billions of years of random particle collisions culminating in man and gut bacteria meeting and sharing just at the right time. And of course you will deny being a godwhack of another sort.

Scooby

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2012
Alberta
Could the atheist's celebration of reason not be considered as an offense. What if only the atheists wanted to celebrate the freedom of thier mind?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Could the atheist's celebration of reason not be considered as an offense. What if only the atheists wanted to celebrate the freedom of thier mind?

If you have a personal philosophy you have religion, not the commercial product but the real thing. The religious people have minds and for most they are free to adopt or discard certain thinking. So you suggesting that like minded atheist get together at an organized church meeting to celebrate your liberation from mental aberation as you content is kind of stupid. It might be a lot of fun though.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
If the adults can shelve their egos for one day a year so the kids can have presents and have fun, you can call the day anything you want. Just can your ideologies for a moment or two because the children really don't give a ****. It's their day.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Why not have it on Ramadan?

I know the answer.... atheists zealots are pu**ies.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Excuse me? You want to elaborate on "reason" and "freedom of their minds"?

Scooby

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2012
Alberta
If you have a personal philosophy you have religion, not the commercial product but the real thing. The religious people have minds and for most they are free to adopt or discard certain thinking. So you suggesting that like minded atheist get together at an organized church meeting to celebrate your liberation from mental aberation as you content is kind of stupid. It might be a lot of fun though.

I'm not sure there would be any need to get together at a church or any other venue. Simply an observation of the liberation so many have gained in recent times. Time with family to reflect on the peace of a relatively guilt free existence.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Many atheists in Canada feel somewhat marginalized this time of year. Why not have Christmas Day also recognized as National Day of Reason for the atheists as a holiday in conjunction?

Discuss...
not a single friend of mine who is an atheist feels marginalized by Christmas

they give gifts and celebrate the love of family and friends just like everyone else who chooses to celebrate the season for whatever reason they choose

Scooby

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2012
Alberta
not a single friend of mine who is an atheist feels marginalized by Christmas

they give gifts and celebrate the love of family and friends just like everyone else who chooses to celebrate the season for whatever reason they choose

Ok, we have a winner!
Great answer :)

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I'm not sure there would be any need to get together at a church or any other venue. Simply an observation of the liberation so many have gained in recent times. Time with family to reflect on the peace of a relatively guilt free existence.

Liberation - Really.
One is based upon logic- hard, cold facts. Belief is based upon faith. Seeing the wonder of the world. Knowing that there is more to this life than just passing thru.
With so much unexplained over the centuries, you believe them all to be fables for the weak minded.

So it does not take more than below average intelligence to arrive, using logic that a Creator does not exist.

Wow - Atheists are not only incredible, but you are average of mind as well.