Anybody e;se feel like this?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

All my life I have felt like I didn't belong here, that I was born in the wrong historical time frame. Nothing about our so called civilization makes any sense to to me, no religion, not politics nor commerce. I never could figure out why the human species was so hell bent on destroying its life support system or slaughtering their own kind or any number of other species that have done us no harm.

This image came to me when I first saw the photo of that woman's face. Her expression begged to be put into this image. It is how I felt most of my life. I am only now coming to terms with why I chose to be here now.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

All my life I have felt like I didn't belong here, that I was born in the wrong historical time frame. Nothing about our so called civilization makes any sense to to me, no religion, not politics nor commerce. I never could figure out why the human species was so hell bent on destroying its life support system or slaughtering their own kind or any number of other species that have done us no harm.

This image came to me when I first saw the photo of that woman's face. Her expression begged to be put into this image. It is how I felt most of my life. I am only now coming to terms with why I chose to be here now.

you chose the time for a reason...was wondering that when you said it yourself...

why do you think?

Last edited:

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Don't be too hard on yourself Cliff.

We are actually living in the best period, imo.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
you choose the time for a reason...was wondering that when you said it yourself...

why do you think?
To be a bridge. A native friend once told me that we had a contract, that I was to be white in this lifetime because the dominant society does not listen to the aboriginal peoples, that I could be more effective in this body. I have spent the better part of twenty five years helping the Sinixt people getting recognition in their territory after falsely being declared extinct. I have written their history, giving talks and slide presentations, built a scale model of a Sinixt summer and winter village at the museum and created bridges between various factions of society to allow their participation in spite of their "ghost" status. Perhaps some day, my work will help others in the dominant society to wake up to the folly of their path. Many already have. Funny, the most resistance I have met is on these forums. Some people are incapable of change or waking up.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
To be a bridge. A native friend once told me that we had a contract, that I was to be white in this lifetime because the dominant society does not listen to the aboriginal peoples, that I could be more effective in this body. I have spent the better part of twenty five years helping the Sinixt people getting recognition in their territory after falsely being declared extinct. I have written their history, giving talks and slide presentations, built a scale model of a Sinixt summer and winter village at the museum and created bridges between various factions of society to allow their participation in spite of their "ghost" status. Perhaps some day, my work will help others in the dominant society to wake up to the folly of their path. Many already have. Funny, the most resistance I have met is on these forums. Some people are incapable of change or waking up.
well, while it sounds like being a bridge has sucked for you, obviously it has greatly benefited others.

kudos to you for the selfless hard work, in seeing what is right, and needing to be done, and for doing it

I think the higher our level the more taxing the service can become because the climb gets more difficult the higher we go

I think all people are capable of change but new souls have not yet developed the compassion necessary to hear the message of others since they do not understand the interconnection between all.

people get inklings though and can do the right things just because something has pierced their armor years before...we learn in leaps and creeps

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

You know what's your problem? You have a whole mess of splinters in your britches, why don't you try pulling them out.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Cliffy, do you know how many returns you have chosen to do?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Me too and millions of others as well, this is the wedge driven between the natural and the artificial worlds. Rebels lead lonely lives for the most part and they make commitments to others because of their contemplations of the pain and sufferings of those others. But it is first and foremost your pain at perceived disharmony you are working to ameliorate. That is a mountain and you are a mole. Under the rules you are allowed that much selfishness without penalty. No pain no gain. Work will set you free.
I would say that you have a strong memory of the garden, that other place, where wrong cannot exist, but the only way to reach that place is through this place where wrong must exist. It is that wrong which builds the good and you and all of us must endure the pain if we are to graduate to that higher plane. Those who skirt the primal directives and crush their compassion for others are condemned to repeat life here in hell. Those who obey the word consolidate power within. Once in a long while you will see these shinning ones, who are more complete in some mysterious way than most of us. Stay the course cliffy, steer your little ship into the light.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I guess he hasn't come to grips he's an old white man now.

lol... get yourself a pair Cliff.

Just think Cliff... you missed your chance of wiping out many large mammals and participating in centuries of tribal warfare in Pre Columbian North America. What a bummer eh!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I guess he hasn't come to grips he's an old white man now.

lol... get yourself a pair Cliff.

Just think Cliff... you missed your chance of wiping out many large mammals and participating in centuries of tribal warfare in Pre Columbian North America. What a bummer eh!

The aboriginal people of 10,500 years ago were wiped out by the same natural disaster which drove those animals to extinction, they were not hunted into oblivion like the science idiots like to tell us, they were cooked on the spot and their bodies driven west in great heaps that you can still uncover in much of west and north west NA.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The aboriginal people of 10,500 years ago were wiped out by the same natural disaster which drove those animals to extinction, they were not hunted into oblivion like the science idiots like to tell us, they were cooked on the spot and their bodies driven west in great heaps that you can still uncover in much of west and north west NA.

The ice people.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Yes, I do feel the same way. Studies show that the more money one has the less empathy for others they have. I think our society is the same way. We have lost the path. We over complicate things to make ourselves feel important and to exert a measure of self determination and control.

Funny, the most resistance I have met is on these forums

There are some deeply unhappy/angry people here. You can't reach all the people. Some don't want to be reached...yet. And that'll have to be ok.

There are some of us, who like to learn and keep an open mind. Keep speaking we're listening... and sharing.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yes, I do feel the same way. Studies show that the more money one has the less empathy for others they have. I think our society is the same way. We have lost the path. We over complicate things to make ourselves feel important and to exert a measure of self determination and control.

The more experience you get, the more wisely you spread your empathy. Idealisms grow and evolve into acceptable realities in pace with time. When they stagnant they pull you down into unhealthy realities.