Does anyone know what it's like living year round in Bracebridge?

powder

Oct 21, 2009
I'm considering relocating to Bracebridge, Ontario and I'm wondering if it is a growing area, if it has a progressive mind-set and movement towards the environment, health and education. Thanks for your responses.

Hazmart

Council Member
Sep 29, 2007
Welcome to CC. I don't have any information regarding Bracebridge to help you out unfortunately. However I have moved your thread to the correct subforum for you. Good luck.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm considering relocating to Bracebridge, Ontario and I'm wondering if it is a growing area, if it has a progressive mind-set and movement towards the environment, health and education. Thanks for your responses.

I worked with a fella from Bracebridge for about 10 years, nice enough guy, but I'm not sure if his attributes lay in the areas you mention, but he sure loved C & W music which made up for a lot of his shortcomings.

einmensch

Electoral Member
Mar 1, 2008
Nice little town --same as Orrillia, Gravenhurst, Huntsville and most of the other little towns

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
I lived there for 10 years, but I was young at the time. LOTS of snow and fairly cold in winter, but in summer you are in the heart of cottage country, if you like camping, fishing and other outdoor pursuits it's a really nice place to be.

No idea about any of your other questions but I am sure what I DID post hasn't changed.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I have been to Huntsville many times (to visit the Algonquin Provincial Park), and you have to pass through Bracebridge on the way. It is a charming little town. But it may get a bit too cold in winter for my taste.

However, if you an enthusiast of winter sports (skiing, snowmobiling, snow shoeing etc.), Bracebridge may be great. If you are not fond of winter sports (like me), then stay away from it.