Moving To Belleville

Kevin519

Mar 19, 2007
In august I'll be moving to Belleville for college, i grew up and currently live in windsor ontario, so i was just wondering whats belleville like, and is it easy to find a bachelor/studio apartment for a low price which allows pets(ive got a cat)?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
In august I'll be moving to Belleville for college, i grew up and currently live in windsor ontario, so i was just wondering whats belleville like, and is it easy to find a bachelor/studio apartment for a low price which allows pets(ive got a cat)?

I don't know much of the rental situation in Bellville but as far as your cat goes, you would be best not to mention it then sneak it in later. If you keep the litter clean they probably won't know it's there. A pet that causes no damage of disturbance is not grounds for eviction under the landlord tenant act. Try this link for more info.:smile:

Kevin519

Mar 19, 2007
thanks, ill check it out.
Also if anyone from belleville checks this thread out, please reply to it since living in belleville youll know the whole deal, and even better if you attend loyalist college cause id like to know a students point of view instead of all the stuff you read in the booklets or on the website.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
When I was 10, I used to cut through the campus of Loyalist College en route to a little store for a chocolate milkshake.

Any knowledge I have of Belleville is 35 years out of date, so I can't help you with anything useful.

Josephine

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2007

Some of my family lives there. It's actually a beautiful little town. Very small. I always had good times visiting there. I don't know about the apartment situation, but I hope you're not a party person...I only remember street racing and hanging out outside...very small town! If you get the change go visit Tweed as well...has the smallest jail in Canada I believe!

Kevin519

Mar 19, 2007
It seems like a nice small town, i am a party person though, but i dont think itll be too hard to find people to party with and stuff. The street racing part sounds pretty sweet though, and i heard theres a pretty good amount of punk/hardcore bands so im lookin' forward to that.
I have no idea where Tweed is but i might check it out, i dont really care to visit a jail though, so is there anything interesting out there?

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Well busing gets expensive, Loyalist doesn't (or didn't) offer free bus passes like St.Lawrence in kingston, I went to both and the no bus pass thing was a real pain.
There are alot of amenities at the college, the Shark Tank is a great pub, there is a Tim Hortons (critical) and a fairly good gym. There is also a reids dairy (ice cream castle) for all the women in the class when they flunk some exam, its a short drive away.
There are apartments in Belleville, but..eh..alot of them are crap. Belleville has gone down the tubes in the last 10 years, there is becoming a real drug problem, crime is going up, or at least appears to be, in some areas. Can't leave anything unlocked or open. They will wrench open your hood to steal parts from your car if they think they can in some areas.
There are a few good clubs to go to, not a giant selection or anything mind you. Night life is there but it isn't as good as a big city, but it isn't as bad as a small town either. There is a mall, but its kinda..well, its a small city mall. There are a couple other crappy malls which don't even warrant a mention.

Also note: Tweed is about half and hour to forty minutes away driving. And Belleville is a small city not a small town, its about 45-50,000 or more depending on what you count. Quinte West and Belleville kinda merge..but keep out of Quinte West (ie Trenton), that IS the slums.

Kevin519

Mar 19, 2007
yeah, i wasnt really expecting to get a free buspass from loyalist anyways, currently in windsor i pay 52$ a month for my buspass, but thats becuase im still a highschool student, college/university students pay like 75$ or something a month. I dont really mind if my apartment is crap when i move, ill make it decent, plus im only going to be there for a couple years. As for crime going up and drug problems, i really doubt its worse out there than here, so nothing to worry about there.

And ive heard from a few people that trenton is a nice little area? whats wrong with it?