Life in Windsor, Ontario

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
ohmigod. my mom works for value village. shes a district manager and she told us at supper tonight that she has a promotion and is gonna be transferred from london(ontario) to windsor(ontario)anybody know what kind of city windsor is?

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
Self is right, and the other gentleman does not know what he is speaking of. I live about an hour from Windsor. The one thing you will notice about it, though, is it is much more Americanized than most Canadian cities. It is right across from Detroit, Michigan. Do the search as Self suggested. You're in London, right? Well, that is only two hours drive north of Windsor.

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
Windsor
City (pop., 2001: 208,402, metro-355,000), southern Ontario, Canada. Located on the southern bank of the Detroit River, opposite Detroit, Mich., U.S., it was settled by French farmers shortly after 1701, when a fort was established at Detroit. It was known first as “the Ferry” and later as Richmond before it was renamed in 1836. With its strategic location opposite Detroit, it became an industrial centre, an important railway terminus, and a busy port in Great Lakes shipping. Its manufactures include motor vehicles and parts, foods and beverages, and medicines. It is Canada's leading port of entry from the U.S.

m_levesque

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
ohmigod. my mom works for value village. shes a district manager and she told us at supper tonight that she has a promotion and is gonna be transferred from london(ontario) to windsor(ontario)anybody know what kind of city windsor is?

I've been to Windsor. Not a bad city, except for the fact that Detroit is right across from it:)

Mostly an industrial place, the big three auto manufacturers are located in Windsor, and I think the entire city is pretty well sustained by them and the feeder plants.

tanakar

Nominee Member
Feb 14, 2007
Ontario
Poor you. Lived in Windsor for ten years back in the late 1980's-early 1990's. Couldn't wait to leave the place. It's so full of Americans crossing the border to party in the downtown bars it makes one sick.

temperance

Electoral Member
Sep 27, 2006
Thanks self ,It feels good to help and be helped ,and Ive seen your sweetness come out quite often as well :coffee2: nice cup of tea for us --lol

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Self is right, and the other gentleman does not know what he is speaking of.
wow how considerate MARY ! FB expressed his opinion of what he saw when he was there, but heaven forbid that he doesn't know what he's talking about ! How small minded of him! OH wait I meant that for you:pottytrain5:

m_levesque

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
wow how considerate MARY ! FB expressed his opinion of what he saw when he was there, but heaven forbid that he doesn't know what he's talking about ! How small minded of him! OH wait I meant that for you:pottytrain5:

Seems to me you have a very high opinion of your opinions. The girl asked about where she is moving and you called the place dangerous. What statistics do you have to support your claim that Windsor is a dangerous city?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I think Windsor would be as safe as any other Ontario City, if you cross the river it's a whole different story though.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Seems to me you have a very high opinion of your opinions. The girl asked about where she is moving and you called the place dangerous. What statistics do you have to support your claim that Windsor is a dangerous city?
May be you should read alittle closer .I was only defending FB's opinion. His was as valid as Mary's soshe shouldn't say what he saW WAS WRONG . She never thought that what he saw wasn't the same as her? If your from outa town big cities can seem scary.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
You know that was meant for Fatbasturd.Not me
I've never been to windsor and if I said anything about it then I would be the one who doesn't know what he's talking about!!!!