Travel Advice - Sarnia to Niagara

teritoots

Jan 24, 2007
Hello All I am new and from Scotland.

I am planning to visit Sarnia, Niagara & Toronoto In July.
Does anyone know if you can get a train or bus from Sarnia to Niagara? I checked Via Rail and I can only go sarnia -> toronto -> Niagara which is ok but I thought I am passing it on the way and it would be better if I could just go Sarnia -> Niagara.
Also Flights only go Sarnia to Toronto

Does anyone have any advice that might help? :grommit:

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Well, by bus, you can only go the way you said- I live near Niagara Falls, but to go west to London etc, you MUST go to Toronto first, Niagara really isn't "on the way", especially with the way the highways are set up.

So yeah, I'm sure you can get a Bus from Sarnia to Niagara but you'd have to transfer in Toronto anyways, or if you're REALLY determined to do it in that order (and lucky as to scheduling) you might be able to go from Sarnia to Hamilton, then transfer to Niagara, THEN on to Toronto

Toronto and Niagara are about an hours drive apart, BTW

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Well, by bus, you can only go the way you said- I live near Niagara Falls, but to go west to London etc, you MUST go to Toronto first, Niagara really isn't "on the way", especially with the way the highways are set up.
W

Dosen't the train still stop in Aldershot to transfer to Niagara Falls? I used to make a yearly trip to the Falls to attend Synods at a local Church in Niagara Falls and going from Windsor, I'd take the train to Aldershot and then transfer to one directly to Niagara Falls. Can that still be done, only taking the train from say Sarnia to Aldershot?

teritoots

Jan 24, 2007
Thanks for your help guys. Unfortunately sanctus had a look at trains & buses trying that route but I'd be waiting 10hrs in aldershot. Anything good to do in aldershot we could stay a night there then catch early train to niagara next day?
Think I'll just stick to flying back to toronto from sarnia then train or bus toronto to niagara:angel8:

Last edited:

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
My mistake, indeed the train DOES transfer in Aldershot- and from all I know of the place, the only good thing to do there is GET OUT of there, so 10 hours would be a TALL order to fill

Hope you enjoy your visit either way!!

teritoots

Jan 24, 2007
Lol that made me chuckle :)
Well I decided in the end to fly back to toronto which arrives at 12pm and going to get a greyhound bus at 2pm to Niagara hoping this is plenty time to transfer to a bus station?
Very excited now about trip as it's all booked woohoo
Thanks for your help:smilebox:

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
I've never tried to co-ordinate between air and land travel like that, but no matter, there's constant busses between Toronto and Niagara, so even IF you miss one, another will be along shortly...

Hopefully somone else might know the exact details on this one. Again, enjoy your visit!!