Favourite shopping place

Sajiah
hey i was just wondering which one of these stores do u prefer shopping in---> Suzy Sher, Old Navy, Jacobs Connexion or Stitches and why...?

I personally like shopping in Suzy Sher and Stitches..lets hear about you guyz!

sanctus
Quote: Originally Posted by SajiahView Post

hey i was just wondering which one of these stores do u prefer shopping in---> Suzy Sher, Old Navy, Jacobs Connexion or Stitches and why...?

I personally like shopping in Suzy Sher and Stitches..lets hear about you guyz!

None of the above. I detest the prices. I am the king of the second hand stores, my favourite being "Value Village"

tamarin
No self-respecting person shops at any of those stores. Sanctus, a good choice and a necessary blow to consumerist culture! I shop locally at locally owned independents. Costs me a bit more but it supports what everyone should. Their neighbours and their community.

darleneonfire
Quote: Originally Posted by tamarinView Post

No self-respecting person shops at any of those stores. Sanctus, a good choice and a necessary blow to consumerist culture! I shop locally at locally owned independents. Costs me a bit more but it supports what everyone should. Their neighbours and their community.

I could not agree more. I also shop at Value Village and local stores. Living in a small town means we should support our neighbour's businesses, I think anyway.If I must go into a department store for any reason, I frequent Zeller's. Four kids means a tight budget and I cannot afford the luxury of paying seven million dollars for a pair of flippin' blue jeans.Buy Canadian, is what I believe.

hermanntrude
Value village is excellent. Don't be surprised at this, it may come as a shock:

All the stuff you buy in dumb expensive lets-rip-off-the-foolish-consumer-because-they-think-it's-fashion shops turns up in value village at one tenth the price.

DurkaDurka
For clothing, i don't really care where I buy it. I will hit winners once in a while because you can get decent clothing with a heavily discounted price, otherwise I buy from the Bay etc.

If I am purchasing Computer parts, or Home Theather accessories I tend to buy from non-big box retailers, mostly due to their salespeople not knowing their head from their butt.

mapleleafgirl
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

Value village is excellent. Don't be surprised at this, it may come as a shock:

All the stuff you buy in dumb expensive lets-rip-off-the-foolish-consumer-because-they-think-it's-fashion shops turns up in value village at one tenth the price.

oh yeah. i get allot of stuff from the good old value village. so do allot of my friends. it rocks!