Anime shows on Teletoon and YTV

Blazian4life`

Jun 2, 2006
It's pretty obvious that there are no anime shows on anymore teletoon obviously doesn't want to go near anime and Ytv offers only a small anmout of it (GITS:stand alone complex,full metal alchemist,naruto) these shows are only a small amout to what U.S.A has with their Cartoon network i've emailed the space station plenty of times to bring back their sci-fi anime block but was denied alot and emailed Ytv about their lack of anime shows so if u have any thing to say about this please post

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
RE: not enough anime shows

They never really interested me.. maybe FiveParadox will join your petition?

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
RE: Anime

There is not a chance in Hell I would sign a petition (with due respect, Blazian4life) to have more anime brought onto English networks, such as YTV. Anime tends to be destroyed once its voicetracks are wiped and new voice actors dub through the episodes — North America has a bad tendency to tear apart the storyline in order to make it conform to the preferences of those who dub the episodes.

I would suggest that you watch Japanese anime with English subtitles.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Re: not enough anime shows

8O

You wouldn't want more anime on YTV Five. Well I have to agree, even though I don't watch the stuff that it would be better to watch in Japanese with English subtitles. Not only do you get your show but you learn a new language.

Blazian4life`

Jun 2, 2006
Re: RE: Anime

FiveParadox said:
There is not a chance in Hell I would sign a petition (with due respect, Blazian4life) to have more anime brought onto English networks, such as YTV. Anime tends to be destroyed once its voicetracks are wiped and new voice actors dub through the episodes — North America has a bad tendency to tear apart the storyline in order to make it conform to the preferences of those who dub the episodes.

I would suggest that you watch Japanese anime with English subtitles.

well i have to admit that is true but the thing is Five that you have to understand that not all people like Japanese anime with english subtitles i personally like the Engish voiceovers because whenever I watch a Japanese anime with english subtitles I have to read what their saying in order to get a sense of what their feeling and listen carefully to how they say it in their language. Most People don't care if the storyline is tweaked alittle bit and some just plainly don't care as long as it's good anime to watch and enjoy i would say more but i'm in a hurry to type this be back soon....

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
I hate to say this but if you want to watch more anime learn japanese and watch the japanese version or watch the japanese with english subtitles. When animes are made so it's dubbed they also have to edit alot of the original anime out of it because it's not acceptable to be shown on tv in the west. Be thankful that you even get to watch anime on tv.

I spend about 2-3000 dollars a year to have anime sent to me from japan because I prefer to watch the original version then i do the english version where as the english version is free to watch when it's on tv.

sha_zapple

Nominee Member
Jan 26, 2006
The english subtitles in anime leave much to be desired, and the voiceovers leave everything to be desired. I dont watch a lot of anime, but the stuff I do watch I wouldnt want on TV as the voice acting and scene cuts take the program down a few levels.

WilliamAshley

Electoral Member
Sep 7, 2006
WATERLOO
There are places that rent anime, you can buy it too.

The answer ~ get it from the net.

Learn japanese and move to japan. and teach english gain tons of weight and theyll love you.

--------------

All in all I don't watch YTV

http://www.google.ca/search?q=anime++divx&btnG=Search&hl=en

------------

What shows would you like to see on?

What ones are available in english?

Why not make a "anime" station.. teletoon "anime"

eh eh...

all anime all the time.

chanelccc

Apr 8, 2007
Manitoba
kapeesh

:-| That all sounds so pat. Just suck it up and learn japanese so you can watch an anime show!? Ive watched a huge portion of the series "Naruto" on youtube. Up to episode 80 the characters had been dubbeb english. After that I had to read english subs. I must say that I had much pleasure watching up to episode 80 in english because i wasnt always having to look at the words and I could point out other things you might not see in the japanese version. When it came to watching the Japanese version it was nice to hear the actully voices but i found myself more tense from reading those subs as fast as possible and getting ready for the next ones. In all it wouldn't hurt to bring just a few anime shows to the North American TV networks. Wether they are in japanese or not, a good shows a good show, and If the person really enjoys the show, they are going to watch it not mater what language its in. For you who don't like anime, just don't watch it - kapeesh?

p.s. And when your watching english subtitles.... you really don't learn that much japanese. all ive learned is how to say 'hello' and 'yeah' your too busy reading subtitles to really care how to learn the language. its impossiblee

thanks,
chanel.

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
There are places that rent anime, you can buy it too.

The answer ~ get it from the net.

Learn japanese and move to japan. and teach english gain tons of weight and theyll love you.

--------------

All in all I don't watch YTV

http://www.google.ca/search?q=anime++divx&btnG=Search&hl=en

------------

What shows would you like to see on?

What ones are available in english?

Why not make a "anime" station.. teletoon "anime"

eh eh...

all anime all the time.
They have an on demand Anime channel that you can get in certain parts of Canada if you have cable. If you have Satellite you can get Animenetwork and the Funimation Channel. Anime Networks shows anime 24/7 and Funimation Channel shows all of the Funimation anime 24/7.