HAMILTON, BARRIE, OTTAWA

justinwilliams

May 25, 2006
quebec
hi...i'm gonna be moving to ontario this fall but i haven't made my mind yet on which city i'm gonna live in...Hamilton, Barrie and Ottawa are those i'm the most interested in. If you have any info or advice on which one to choose that'd be great...employment, type of industry, views, people, traffic, etc..thanks

Vicious

Electoral Member
May 12, 2006
Ontario, Sadly
RE: HAMILTON, BARRIE, OTT

I think it depends on how old you are and what industry you currently work in.

If you're young and looking for a temporary job with low skill requirements I'd say stick to the larger places - Hamilton and Ottawa from your list and Kingston, Kitchener, London, Windsor - University towns, lots of part time restaurant work that's easy and can make you enough to get by. If your an old dog like me and already have work experience. I'd say find a job first and move where it is. Lot's of on-line services workopolis, monster - I've never picked up a job through these sites but they claim to be successful.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
justinwilliams said:
hi...i'm gonna be moving to ontario this fall but i haven't made my mind yet on which city i'm gonna live in...Hamilton, Barrie and Ottawa are those i'm the most interested in. If you have any info or advice on which one to choose that'd be great...employment, type of industry, views, people, traffic, etc..thanks

With your french language skills, I'd go with Ottawa.

Boxcar

Oct 19, 2006
I'd agree Ottawa if you speak french. Anyone can get ajob in Toronto though!