car insurance in ontario

justinwilliams

May 25, 2006
quebec
Hi...I plan to come to Ontario for a full year in order to learn english...anyway what i want to know is how much i should expect to pay for insurance ( i have a 91 tercel)...i looked for quotes on internet and they are in fact pretty scary...i'm paying 400$ yearly in quebec and the best quote i got was 2200$...if someone could help me that would be great...thanks

bandora

Oct 9, 2006
im 20 and im fully licensed..I would be paying around $4000/yearly on a 96 4-door chevy cavalier..so go figure...

snowles

Electoral Member
May 21, 2006
Atikokan, Ontario
Good luck bud. I'm 25, married and bought a brand new Spectra (and I have 4 star rating and driver's ed), and still pay $1,900 a year. And that was after it went down after getting married. I have the most basic form of auto insurance as well.

$400 a year in Quebec. That's insanely cheap - lucky :)

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Cheap insurance in Ontario? You're joking, right? When it became mandatory, the province granted insurance companies free reign and a license to gouge. Question: Did we have a few insurance people making laws in Toronto? I'm 50, never had an at-fault accident and I can provide an abstract clean enough to eat from. I'm proud of my $400.00-a-year (without bells and whistles) rate. Keep your Quebec insurance.
Wolf

Last edited: