Solving Torontos Gun Crime: Cut Immigration From Jamica.

bryantt

Jan 6, 2006
It's truly stupefying to see all the bleeding heart liberals here collectively decry *legal* gun ownership as the 'criminal epicenter' of Torontos gun violence and offer its antithesis - a total gun ban - as a effective, lasting solution.

Its no wonder gun crime continues to peak in this city when its citizens are either too scared, too stupid or too 'liberal' to utter what they see with their EYES and know in their hearts.

Instead, we get the pathetic 'cure all' panacea from the left claiming a 'total gun ban' would somehow ensure the ALREADY VERY ILLEGAL handguns don't hit our streets. How does outlawing something a second time eliminate criminal activity that couldn't be stopped the first time it was outlawed???

Total dumbass, liberal logic.

'Oh yes, and if we ban rape and assault a second time (or third, or fourth), they'll magically disappear too!'

Guess what? If criminal activity continues after the first time its outlawed, it doesn't matter how many reiterations of its illegality are made during subsequent 'banning's. The criminals obviously don't care about redundant proclamations of illegality, or they would have stopped after the first 'banning'.

Can we move on from this? This is total and utter stupidity.

The second throw-away argument liberals make is to ban all guns - both hand gun and legally registered firearms (read: rifles). How will banning firearms - RARELY used in gun violence - eliminate shootings that are OVERWHELMING HANDGUN related to begin with??

Thats like changing your tire when you need a brake job. Very smart. Its all part of the same wheel, right?? DUH!!

I apologize. I digress. There are two, realistic options for stopping handgun violence:

1) Block access to handguns - either fund a massive border effort to effectively stop the smuggling and importation of handguns from the US and abroad.

or

2) Stop immigration of all Jamaicans tomorrow. Yes, I said it. Jamaicans!!

What you stooges are too afraid to admit - near 80% of the convicted and suspected perpetrators of gun violence in Toronto are Jamaicans. Nearly all of them are black. Yes, BLACK. We all know this. Please spare me the bleeding heart liberal 'downtrodden' excuse and the mindless reactionary accusations of 'racist' and 'bigot'.

Blinded, confused liberal dogma would have us deny what we can all see plain as day. In fact, these confused liberal fools would do anything to subvert, distract, or divert our attention away from the REAL issue by heaving libel slander on those who merely recant the color and nationality of any recent string of Toronto triggermen - black black black. Jamaican Jamaican Jamaican.

There is nothing wrong with bearing witness to the FACTS, people. It does not make one racist or a bigot. Despite how hard the liberal dimwits would have us believe.

Does this mean all Jamaicans are criminals? HELL NO! Does this mean most Jamaicans are criminals? OF COURSE NOT!!

MOST Jamaicans ARE GOOD, UPSTANDING, DECENT, HARDWORKING MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY!!

But. And its a BIG but. The OVERWHELMING number of triggermen in Toronto ARE Jamaicans.

How do we know this? The police have gone off record - numerous times - and conveyed this to major Canadian print media (liberal media - Globe and Mail and others).

Those of Jamaican heritage and of the broader racial group implicated in the vast majority of Toronto gun violence explains quite nicely WHY Toronto Police have such a hard time catching the criminals: the black community - as a rule - do not talk to the police.

Black on black violence and the black communities unwillingness to cooperate with police is really symptomatic of a much larger problem: there exists today in Canada and the United States a HUGE failure of Black leadership at all levels - family, community, political and social (entertainers, athletes) - to broadly condemn the 'ghettofication' of their culture that only glorifies violence, criminality and misogamy. Once they do that, they need to stepup and take their rightful place as responsible fathers, mothers, and law abiding members of the community.

When this happens, the North American black community will turn around and experience a cultural, social, intellectual and spiritual renaissance.

Until then, what can we do?

1) Demand the Jamaican and broader black community cooperate fully in the investigation and prosecution of all Jamican-related gun crime in Toronto.

If we don't get the desired response, we cut off ALL immigration from Jamaica indefinitely.

Either the Jamaican and Black citizens who harbor crucial information pertaining to Toronto handgun crime come forward and fulfill their rightful obligations as LAW ABIDING citizens of Canada, or we cut off aspiring Jamaican immigrants - TO WHICH WE OWE NOTHING - the opportunity to immigrant to our fine country.

That simple. This puts enormous pressure on the Jamaican and Black communities to cooperate fully with police, thereby deterring aspiring triggermen and putting existing murderers behind bars.

Either way the problem gets solved - either the murderers are turned in by their own community, or the community in which the murderers OVERWHELMING originate won't be allowed into the country. Done and done.

And Im not just promoting a strict 'law and order' reactionary policing style.

Preventive measures for low income black communities at high risk should include free, across-the-board counseling/psychological support for single and dual parents covering - marital, drug abuse, sexual abuse, physical abuse etc.

Free counseling/psychological support for their associated children.

Free daycare and education (post secondary) for all highrisk members of the Jamaican community (low income).

Canadians need to get real with themselves and cast off their crippling liberal dogma that prevents them from seeing the situation for WHAT IT REALLY IS>

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Re: Solving Torontos Gun Crime: Cut Immigration From Jamica

Maybe it is black people who commit most of the crimes in Toronto. However, cutting immigration doesn't make sense if you want people to help you fight crime. If you put actions that are against the community they wouldn't help you it is that simple.

And, until all gangs are gone, if someone in one of these communities does help out the Police they are killed by the other gangs. The police don't protect these people, so either get killed for producing information, or just stay quiet.

So the police should get off their lazy asses and either help these people who want to come forward or do some police work. Because I am sure a lot of Black people would want to come forward but there is no protection for them.

But you don't marginalize a community even more and then ask for them to help you. That is just plain stupid.

bryantt

Jan 6, 2006

{QUOTE] If you put actions that are against the community they wouldn't help you it is that simple. [/quote][/b]

They aren't helping anyway. Get it?? If the Jamaican/Black community refuse to collectively accept not only the responsibility, but also the LEGAL DUTY that comes with the privileges of being a Canadian citizen, then why should we let them in to begin with??

Despite what the liberal boneheads believe, Canada is made GREAT by the enduring principles inherited from our founders - hardwork, thrift, decency, self improvement and commitment to family and community. If immigrants coming here have no desire to participate in a system that honors those virtues - and above that, willfully break the law to conceal the identity of a known murderer from police - they don't deserve to be here. Period.

If a crackdown on bleeding heart immigration distances the Black and Jamican community even more from performing their LAWFULL DUTY of relaying all relevant information to police, fine. We won't let anymore in.

Problem solved.

And, until all gangs are gone, if someone in one of these communities does help out the Police they are killed by the other gangs. The police don't protect these people, so either get killed for producing information, or just stay quiet.
[/b]

Total BS. Its called anonymous tips. Ever hear of it?

So the police should get off their lazy asses and either help these people who want to come forward or do some police work. Because I am sure a lot of Black people would want to come forward but there is no protection for them.
[/b]

Please. What a load of crap. The police interview scores of people at every shooting scene only to have those with critical information clam up. The Police Chief and acting detectives repeatedly say this, "No one in the black community will talk."

Granted, witnesses may fear relaying information at the crime scene where their identity and cooperation is visible.

The answer? Anonymous tips line. If the Black and Jamaican community are so eager to expose these murderers amongst their ranks, as you claim, the anonymous tip lines would be flooded with blacks falling over themselves to share any and all information in a venue where their identity is totally secure.

Why then, aren't there more arrests? Because blacks don't talk to police. They never have. Where have you been?

But you don't marginalize a community even more and then ask for them to help you. That is just plain stupid.
[/b]

No, whats stupid is accepting the status quo while realizing upwards of 80% of the perpetrators are Jamaican and not acting on it. Like I said, the Black and Jamaican community are sitting on their hands. So what does it matter?

You come to Canada. You play by the rules. If you don't. You're countrymen and family don't get in. That simple. I think you'd be surprised at how quick the Black and Jamaican community start dropping dimes when its the future of their own family stuck in buttf*ck nowhere instead of some murdering punk they owe little real allegiance too.

bryantt

Jan 6, 2006

Jay said:

Right observations. Wrong conclusion.

"This virus is far more contagious and deadly than SARS...We can't quarantine it. We can't contain it."

We can't contain it?

Bullsh*t. Either the Black community comes down hard and starts turning in their own - as the blogger put it, 'step up'. Or the collective Canadian community steps down from their altruism and refuse to offer Jamicans a better life in Canada.

Either way, no more Jamican killers. Problem solved.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

You know, you have a great idea. In fact, since it seems to be Jamaicans who are at fault, why don't we just bomb the crap out of Jamaica itself, and eliminate the whole problem?

Then, we could even track down every Jamaican immigrant in Canada, and shoot them, too.

I think that would work.

After all, it's all their fault for interfering with us white folk. They should know their place, shouldn't they?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

bryantt said:
Jay said:

Right observations. Wrong conclusion.

"This virus is far more contagious and deadly than SARS...We can't quarantine it. We can't contain it."

We can't contain it?

Bullsh*t. Either the Black community comes down hard and starts turning in their own - as the blogger put it, 'step up'. Or the collective Canadian community steps down from their altruism and refuse to offer Jamicans a better life in Canada.

Either way, no more Jamican killers. Problem solved.

It is a tough issue no doubt, and I'm no fan of immigration per se, but I thought I would point out that blog just to reinforce the idea that the entire Jamaican community isn't to blame. There are some outstanding members of the Jamaican community and if I'm not mistaken some of them who have stood up against this is BS, have paid with their lives.

bryantt

Jan 6, 2006

TenPenny said:
You know, you have a great idea. In fact, since it seems to be Jamaicans who are at fault, why don't we just bomb the crap out of Jamaica itself, and eliminate the whole problem?

Then, we could even track down every Jamaican immigrant in Canada, and shoot them, too.

I think that would work.

After all, it's all their fault for interfering with us white folk. They should know their place, shouldn't they?

Your post is totally mindless and lacks any sembalance of intelligent thought.

Typical Liberal response to any argument that doesn't fit into their Politically Correct paradigm: label the author a racist.

You sir, are a piece of trash. But a harmless one, since I doubt you even know what you're saying. Dumbass.

bryantt

Jan 6, 2006

.[/quote]
It is a tough issue no doubt, and I'm no fan of immigration per se, but I thought I would point out that blog just to reinforce the idea that the entire Jamaican community isn't to blame. There are some outstanding members of the Jamaican community and if I'm not mistaken some of them who have stood up against this is BS, have paid with their lives.[/quote]

I understand your comments and respect them completely. Thats why I made it emphatically and totally clear in my original post:

'MOST Jamaicans ARE GOOD, UPSTANDING, DECENT, HARDWORKING MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY!! ' etc etc.

Those that have stood up deserve to be recognized. Those that paid with their lives, honored.

Problem with garbage Liberal thought: their mindless dogma prevents them from even ACKNOWLEDGING THE FACTS!

If you can't get the facts right, there is no hope at achieving an equitable, realistic solution.

Most Liberals are too scared - or too brainwashed - to admit to themselves that, yes, this is mostly all black on black violence. And yes, these are mostly all Jamaicans who are killing innocents.

Liberals think we 'owe' the entire world our wealth and feel spiritually offended when somone suggests we restrict our altruism to those immigrants who will honor and cherish our ideals. Not shit on them and destroy the country in the process.

Of course, the typical Liberal response to this is to ban handguns. You know, the ones that are already banned. Dumbasses.

Honestly. Its stupidity.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

bryantt said:
TenPenny said:

I think that would work.

Your post is totally mindless and lacks any sembalance of intelligent thought.

Typical Liberal response to any argument that doesn't fit into their Politically Correct paradigm: label the author a racist.

You sir, are a piece of trash. But a harmless one, since I doubt you even know what you're saying. Dumbass.

Of course my post is mindless. Exactly my point, because this thread starts out with the stupidest bunch of utter crap I have seen in days. You are, perhaps, less intelligent than my shoes. Don't call me a Dumbass, unless you're willing to say it to my face. And I'm no Liberal either, you mindless twit. You may think you're being reasonable, but you're being extremely stupid.

Stopping immigration in order to solve the problems caused by overcrowding in one city that is decaying under the weight of its own size? That makes less sense than banning handguns.

You clearly haven't thought about what is being said there, or the real reasons behind the gun violence. Try taking off your KKK uniform, and thinking for a change. You might actually learn something. But that would involve effort, something which you appear to be completely unfamiliar with.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine

You lying piece of crap. Go to the cops. It doesn't work because I know a security guard friend from Pickering who went to the cops to talk about a home invasion in Pickering. He went to the cops, and he was gunned down outside his parents home. He ran away from his house so his parents wouldn't be heard. And he died in his driveway.

So don't talk to me about your mindless thoughts that do nothing.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt bryantt and assume you have come here to discuss, not to troll. Why don't you start by showing a little respect... newbie.... or go rant somewhere else.

While I won't dismiss a cultural connection off-hand, it is oversimplification to say the problems are Jamaicans. Where are your statistics to prove this? And how many of these "Jamaicans" actually grew up most of their lives right here in T.O.? Most of these kids are products of the society they live in.

Is there nothing else about the people committing these crimes that you notice.... er, like coming from poverty, or single family homes? Like growing up not really integrated into society and with very little education or employment prospects? Believe me, I'm no bleeding heart Liberal, but it doesn't take an Einstein to realize that there is a such thing as "root causes". Not that that cancels out personal responsibility but if we want to make improvements for the longterm we need to give these young people some sense of hope and community.

That being said, of course changes have to be made to the justice system to deal with violent crime more seriously. You had one thing right - making illegal guns even more illegal doesn't do a thing to make this city safer.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

Jersay said:
You lying piece of crap. Go to the cops. It doesn't work because I know a security guard friend from Pickering who went to the cops to talk about a home invasion in Pickering. He went to the cops, and he was gunned down outside his parents home. He ran away from his house so his parents wouldn't be heard. And he died in his driveway.

Who exactly are you aiming this mindless piece of drivel at?

poligeek

Electoral Member
Jan 6, 2006
Toronto

Living in one of Toronto's "problem areas" (South Parkdale) and having attended school for a number of years in another (Jane & Finch), I can say this issue is fairly front and centre for me.

That being said I can't agree that the solution proposed
Posted by: Bryantt Stop immigration of all Jamaicans tomorrow.

Is any less of a knee-jerk, band-aid solution than the Liberal proposal to ban all guns / hand-guns.

Let me say first off that I'm not against banning guns, I just don't think that will solve any problems since the vast majority of guns used in crime are smuggled, unregistered guns anyways.

I am against the solution of banning Jamaican immigration though.

Why?

1) Do we have our facts straight?:
We can agree that the majority of the violence has been black on black, and that the Jamaican community is involved. However in a Country where the vast majority of people self-identify as an ethnicity other than Canadian 2, 3 and even 4 generations after their parents, grand parents, and great-grandparents immigrated, is there any reliable information to suggest that the current gun crime is limited to, and directly a product of first generation landed immigration from Jamaica?

2) The gang issue:
The gang issue is not limited to Jamaican's or to Blacks. The police have gone on record as saying that when one gang is "cleaned up" it leaves a power void in a community and a new rash of violence can be expected as gangs vie for the empty "turf", we saw this in Regent Park only a few years ago when one of the largest gangs was removed from that area.... the current war in Jane & Fince is a result of the recent arrests in September that removed the reigning gang from power and have created a vaccum that gangs are warrring over.

In Vancouver we can see a large faction of Asian gangs, and Toronto has a whole host of very capable Asian gangs in both China towns. There are also known Timal gangs on the danforth.

And these are only the ethnic gangs that have popped up in the news in the past few years.

What we need is a solution to a gang issue.

3. The Good with the Bad:
I'm glad the writer does recognize that
Posted by: Bryantt MOST Jamaicans ARE GOOD, UPSTANDING, DECENT, HARDWORKING MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY!!

This is important to remember. Blacks and Caribbeans are more recent immigrations to Canada. Up unitl 1971 Canada predominently only allowed white immigration. During that period all the social problems / crime that we now assocaiate with the Black community were blamed on the Germans, the Irish, the Polish... it really depends on which decade you look at.

We as a society need to be particilarly aware of reducing complex issues to a single focus blame such as race, ethnicity, gender or class. Typically one or more of these factors plays a common demographic role but is scarcesly ever the causal relation.

Furthermore because the Jamaican community like most immigrant communities is a good, upstanding, decent and hard working community many members of the community are actively working to stem this violence.

We can never forget that with the exception of the Jane Creba shooting the majority of this violence happens in their back yard, many victims are members of their community who have spoken out (remember the regent park shooting in August of an active community leader shot in the same spot one week after he had hosted a rally against the gun violence).

Also we cannot forget that with the reduction in police, and the fact that we have had racial profiling in our police force that there is hardly a trustful relationship between the Jane / Finch, Regent Park, Parkdale and other "at risk" communities and the police force. If the police treat everyone in the community as suspect, then how can they expect willing co-operation?

Sure there are problems but they are not Jamaican problems, they are Canadian problems that need a community solution, not an extradition order.

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's

Bryantt. I agree that the reticence on behalf of the Jamaican community is helping these crimes to continue, and I agree that our cultures visceral fear of being labelled "racist" and "politically incorrect" is causing a lot of problems with getting to the bottom of these crimes.

However, I don't agree with banning an entire country from immigrating to Canada because of the violence of a few. My suggestion, as I have voiced before, is to deport any immigrant who is found to be involved with gangs or illegal gun violence. Your suggestion is similar, but seems a tad extreme to me. Methinks emotion may have had something to do with it.

But I agree that the Black Community needs to get more involved in crime prevention and helping the RCMP. The RCMP needs to build ties within "ghetto" neighbourhoods and provide a safe environment for witnesses to come forward. Similarly, Black leaders need to speak out against gang violence and fight the culture of silence that is killing their fellow community members.

bryantt

Jan 6, 2006

TenPenny said:
Of course my post is mindless. Exactly my point, because this thread starts out with the stupidest bunch of utter crap I have seen in days. You are, perhaps, less intelligent than my shoes. Don't call me a Dumbass, unless you're willing to say it to my face. And I'm no Liberal either, you mindless twit. You may think you're being reasonable, but you're being extremely stupid.

Stopping immigration in order to solve the problems caused by overcrowding in one city that is decaying under the weight of its own size? That makes less sense than banning handguns.

You clearly haven't thought about what is being said there, or the real reasons behind the gun violence. Try taking off your KKK uniform, and thinking for a change. You might actually learn something. But that would involve effort, something which you appear to be completely unfamiliar with.

Funny you mention you original response was senseless, then continue on with the same ad homemin attacks in your second that characterized your first. Dumbass.

Overcrowding causes young jamaican blacks to seek out illegal firearms and pull the trigger? That is mindless and logically fallacious on so many levels.

But lets look at a few since you claim to be 'highly intelligent' and truly enlightened as to the 'real' causes of the nature of this gun violence.

Lets assume for a moment your asinine assertion urban overcrowding is causing Jamaicans to commit murder with illegal firearms.

Well, my first thought - if all Torontonians are equally exposed to this beyond-pale state of 'overcrowding' you claim exists, then why don't we see whites, asians, indians and latinos killing each other in numbers proportionate to those racked up by Jamaicans?

Why is it only the Jamaican ethnic groups that seems to be running up these incredibly high handgun murder rates? And not whites, asians, and indians who have equal access to black market weapons as Jamaicans do, and are equally exposed to these supposedly nightmarishly cramped living conditions that would drive anyone to a state of torturous agony?

Aha you say!!! Stupidly while spitting out your cheerios!! ITs POVERTY!!!!

Blacks are more impoverished than other races, and the living conditions are terrible, so they have no choice but to commit murder!!! Poor them!!

You know, last time I checked, whites, asians, latinos, indians, even europeans and eastern europeans come here with NOTHING and many, many races - besides your favorite charity case (Jamaican criminals) - are just as poor and in dire financial circumstances as these Jamaicans murderers are.

But yet, despite their equal financial footing and commensurate living conditions defined by squalor - or a step up, Canada isn't THAT bad - these poor, broke ass whites, asians, latinos and europeans manage to keep their homicidal impulses under control - proportionately speaking.

Yet again, when we look to the Jamaican criminal element - although living in the SAME overcrowded conditions and enduring the SAME economic hardships of other races - commit far more violent murder in Toronto than their socioeconomic counterparts. Its not even more on a representative basis, its more on a total NOMINAL basis of total gun murderers committed in the city. Almost all of them are Jamaican!

Now you say, but those poor criminal Jamaicans didn't have a daddy, got beat down growing up, didn't know right from left. Yadda yaddda. So were many many MANY whites, children of immigrants and other races exposed to the exact SAME TYPE of abuse, neglect, mistreatment when they arrived and settled in.

In fact, there are FAR MORE poor ASS whites, latinos, asians and europeans combined, that all got their fair of beat downs, spam for diners, lived in squalor etc, but they've managed to keep themselves from engaging in unrestrained cold blooded shooting sprees and gang related murder even though they FAR OUTNUMBER these poor, poor Jamaican criminals! OH the HUMANITY!!

Want to know whats really happening? Jamaica, the country proper, is a cess pool. It is infested with every type of crime imaginable with per capita crime rates that would make your Liberal head spin and explode. You think 78 a year dead in Toronto is bad? Try 1000 dead in Kingston Metro in a year.

Jamaica has an incredibly popular - proportionately speaking - gang related and criminal culture. Does this mean all Jamaicans are criminals? or most? NO No NO.

How many times do you dumbass Liberals need to be told generalizations can be made about ethnic groups without stereotyping that ethnic group as being dilatory as a whole? Honestly. You must truly be slow because you keep failing to grasp this incredibly simple, easy point.

Most Jamaicans are good, decent, hardworking, intelligent people. Say it three times fast. Now slow. Now shut up.

The problem is that a small, albeit extremely destructive group of Jamaican immigrants are either exporting their home country criminal culture to Canada, or once here, adopting Jamaica criminal culture for import here.

The net result is the same. More deaths on Canadian streets by predominantly Jamaican criminals.

Guess what? WE don't have to put up with that shit. WE are not obligated, as a country, to take in foreigners who have NO RESPECT for LAW OR LIFE. Sad, that even a self proclaimed genius, such as yourself, fails to understand this.

This has nothing to do about race. Its all about culture. And the Jamaican criminal culture - and ghettofication and misogynist culture as a collorary - being exported into Canada is a piece of shit.

So call it racist all day long, you liberal dumbass. Its not about race.
Its about culture.

And the supposed 'law abiding' Jamaicans who stonewall police investigations into Jamaican murderers is a criminal culture in itself. Are you even familiar with Canadian law? withholding evidence? Bearing false witness? Accessory to murder?

The established law abiding Jamaican community would do well to step and COOPERATE with the Police in a country in which they are so lucky to now be a part. Or we can just refuse them immigration.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
RE: Solving Torontos Gun Crime: Cut Immigration From Jamica

I think a degree of civility is needed to discuss an issue like this.

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's
Re: RE: Solving Torontos Gun Crime: Cut Immigration From Ja

Jay said:
I think a degree of civility is needed to discuss an issue like this.

Yeah.. Bryantt, kindly lay off the insults, they won't help your argument any, and they'll just antagonize people into a flame-war which will end up in your topic beiong locked.

bryantt

Jan 6, 2006

Jersay said:

Sorry to hear about your friend. Indeed, a tragedy.

Regardless, there is such thing as an anonymous tip line that everyone is free to use. Clearly your friend didn't use it. Does this mean members of the Jamaican and Black community couldn't use it as well? No.

Besides, your rational on the subject is totally flawed. The assliants knew who your friend was. And thus, could find him and kill him after the fact. Most TO murders are cold blooded killings, in public, at clubs, on young street, in malls, with lots and lots of passer-by witnesses totally anonymous to the killers. Why aren't these people coming forward? Offering descriptions? Giving police enough information to develop a sketch, suspect age range, type make model car, etc. etc. Its endless.

Thirdly, even IF Jamaican killers are as cold blooded as the shit bags who killed your friend, and would willingly and premeditatively assinate witnesses they knew postivily identified them, then this just enforces these animals need to barred from being let into the country.

What do you suggest we do? Lay down and let the Jamaicans in by the boatload? knowing full well, some of them are going to account for all our citys murders, and extort and kill witnesses to their murderers and not do a damn thing about it?

Pure stupidity.