Burlington Santa Claus Parade

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Hooray today is the day for the Burlington Santa Claus Parade. I am so excited because (in case you don't know) we are home to the Burlington Teen Tour Band, who are world famous. They have travelled world wide and stamped their little way down many a foreign street....

Do you know what else this means for me?
No afternoon nap.
I can't leave my house for four hours while this loud obnoxious nightmare goes by my building.
In another hour, my street will be crammed with screaming children.
There will be stupid, ugly and gay floats going by with idiots throwing crap at people, that will inevitably litter my road for many months to come.
I can't go Christmas shopping, unless I leave now, but nothing is open for another hour.
I can't even cross my street to go to the store, without having to dodge hundreds of clowns.

Merry Christmas ok people? :p

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
I missed it again. Loved it as a kid, but it's tooo cold to watch from the curb. I know Burlington well ( my former home town of 17 yrs).
:idea:
Next yr. we could spike some hot chocolate and watch from the comfort of my best friends balcony, on New St.....or my in-laws place on Guelph LN!!
let me know, your plans.........
:reindeer: :reindeer: :reindeer: :reindeer: :reindeer: :reindeer: :reindeer: :reindeer:

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
Re: RE: Burlington Santa Claus Parade

the caracal kid said:
the tenn tour band? never heard of it. the only burlington thing i ever heard of was some world famous coat factory.

wrong Burlington.........no coat factory......

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
oh well, i tried to be relevant. i went to school in waterloo, had a couple work terms in toronto, and have been to algonquin park, lake superior park, and thunder bay. Outside of that Ontario is the undiscovered country for me!

bhoour

Electoral Member
May 10, 2005
earth
wow,Yer doing better than me. I've lived here for 36 yrs and have never seen lake Superior, or Algonquin park.
I should get out more.............

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Yes, I get to watch it from my bedroom window. Or, I can leave and do some Christmas shopping. (which is what I did)

poligeek

Electoral Member
Jan 6, 2006
Toronto
Oh, this is the great thing about a Canadian board, I can finally be that person that says.... hey! I know that city and I know that silly parade route!!

Mum lives in Burlinton, I did for 12 years. Guelph LN & Lakeshore. Dad tried to force me to play in that silly band, but I didn't like marching around a parking lot in a ridiculous faux-British Military uniform... so I played with the Oakville symphony instead.

I miss Burlington, you can navigate anywhere by citing the closest Tim Hortons!

Hope you had a good holidays!

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
the caracal kid said:
oh well, i tried to be relevant. i went to school in waterloo, had a couple work terms in toronto, and have been to algonquin park, lake superior park, and thunder bay. Outside of that Ontario is the undiscovered country for me!

If you have been to Waterloo, Toronto, Algonquin Park and Thunder Bay, you have traveled a lot in Ontario.

Algonquin Park is paradise (especially if you like horse flies and mosquitoes) I was in there this past summer and we had the pleasure of seeing a moose eat lake grass for about 20min. We don't have moose in South Western Ontario....

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Check this out....

So I have all my friends at work looking for the Santa Claus parade online, and believe it or not.....

they all came to this website and read about me... too cool. loving google.