NDP proposes to cut hydro rates by up to 30%

Said1
my rent is adjusted for this expense. If it was included, theyd make up for it through the rental amount. those are my choices, pay more in rent or pay a hydro bill.

petros
Give a minute and I'll post a 2 month BC Hydro bill for my 2brm condo.

You'll sh-t.

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Fed project.

Troll on..... Ontario Hydro was not Fed

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Troll on..... Ontario Hydro was not Fed

Don't bother looking it up

Give a minute and I'll post a 2 month BC Hydro bill for my 2brm condo.

You'll sh-t.

Said1
I think you guys probably get hit in other ways.....cost of living etc? I hope lol

lone wolf

You mean YOU wouldn't bother looking it up.

Equal billing in a 53 foot trailer heated by gas I pay $252/mo. It has been as high as $336/mo and I haven't changed the way I light. Ten years ago it was $72.00 - no delivery and no Global Adjustment fees

Danbones
"The facility was constructed in stages between 1981–1993 by the provincial Crown corporation, Ontario Hydro. Unit 2 was brought online in 1990, Unit 1 in 1992, and Units 3 and 4 in 1993. In April 1999 Ontario Hydro was split into 5 component Crown corporations with Ontario Power Generation (OPG) taking over all electrical generating stations. The Darlington reactors have been among the best performing in OPG's CANDU fleet, "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darlin...rating_Station (external - login to view)
geez I'll look it up

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1View Post

I think you guys probably get hit in other ways.....cost of living etc? I hope lol

Carbon tax but you have that too and cost of living is the same in The Big Smoke.

tay
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

You mean YOU wouldn't bother looking it up.

Equal billing in a 53 foot trailer heated by gas I pay $252/mo. It has been as high as $336/mo and I haven't changed the way I light. Ten years ago it was $72.00 - no delivery and no Global Adjustment fees

Are you in Ontario?

Wynne has not yet forced the Ont Energy Board to have GA fee to be shown on the bill....

Premier Kathleen Wynne says she's open to adding a line on hydro bills so Ontario consumers see a breakdown of the so-called global adjustment charge, which accounts for up to 70 per cent of electricity rates.

The Ontario Energy Board rejected a request from the auditor general to have a separate line item on bills for the global adjustment, a charge levied to cover the gap between the guaranteed prices the Liberal government promised electricity generators in long-term contracts and actual market rates.

Auditor general Bonnie Lysyk estimated the global adjustment cost $50 billion between 2006 and 2015, and recommended bills be changed to separately disclose both the electricity market price and the global adjustment.

Energy Minister Glenn Thibeault had said the Liberals would not overrule the arm's-length Energy Board, but Wynne said Monday that the government should reconsider its position.

"I think being as transparent on bills as possible is a really good objective, but my challenge is greater than that," she said in a year-end interview with The Canadian Press. "It's not just about breaking out the number on the bill, it's actually figuring out how to reduce that number."

http://www.kitchenerpost.ca/news-story/7028163-hydro-bills-may-detail-global-adjustment-fee/ (external - login to view)

lone wolf
+1
I'm east of Sudbury - and Global Adjustment is displayed on bills where a "discounter" is the provider. That's supposed to make me feel bad about not giving Hydro One all my business ... but it works more in revealing how badly Hydro One is giving me the business.

Speaking of business ... Ontario should really have minded its own:
Ontario Hydro and a long history of government interference

tay
I'm not on equal billing and it doesn't show as a separate item on our bill. Your rates do seem high for using gas heat but I suppose it depends on how often you use an oven/washer/dryer. There's just 2 of us now and our bill in a 1600 sq ft house is around $130.00 a month but we don't use the oven/washer/dryer much more than once a week but we do have an electric water heater.....

lone wolf
Actual (for January - the most recent) is 1605 kWh (???) @ $152.36 + Global Adjustment @ $146.23 + Delivery @ $134.00 + $64.21 regulatory charges and HST - $47.24 credits for a total of $450.76. Thank Gawd for equal billing and a Rural or Remote Protection cut on delivery of $60.50....

The way they do the bill stacking smacks of something to hide 'cuz they're a real bitch to figure out sometimes - like how do I go from an average of 500 kWh to 1605 kWh? My only heating load is the furnace fan. Methinks Smart meters are only that way because someone in Markham can manipulate the numbers
Last edited by lone wolf; 3 weeks ago at 02:26 PM..Reason: I wanted to

JLM

I've just been through this myself with B.C. Hydro. This Tier 2 sh*t should be done away with for a couple of reasons. How the f**k does our illustrious P.M. think he's going to get rid of fossil fuels while Hydro costs are so much more? I guess the tier 2 was brought in to encourage people to use less! H.T.F. do you use less when you are using Hydro for home and water heating at 20 below zero?

Quote: Originally Posted by Said1View Post

Mine is about 150 a month - I,m alone in a small 2 bedroom apartment. I rarely cook, although I do use hot water and lights once in awhile haha.

I should add thats without the hot water tank rental, about 40 a month on top of the 150.

I just paid $354 for two months for my house and partly heating my 5th wheel where my son and his girlfriend are living. He also put over $100 worth of propane into it. My furnace and hot water tank run on Nat. gas. The temp. was below zero pretty much the whole time, sometimes as low as minus 22C.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

...and partly heating my 5th wheel where my son and his girlfriend are living...

You must be proud of him.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

You must be proud of him.

You bet! Why wouldn't I be?

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

You bet! Why wouldn't I be?

You should be.