Brothers stage hunger strike over clash with Peel police

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I couldn't sit through the beer commercials to get to the news story about muslims
sorry
comment curtailed

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I always wondered about the point of a hunger strike. You don't want to eat? That's fine, doesn't bother me any, go ahead. How does a hunger strike hurt anyone but the striker?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I always wondered about the point of a hunger strike. You don't want to eat? That's fine, doesn't bother me any, go ahead. How does a hunger strike hurt anyone but the striker?
It's not intended to cause hurt. Hunger strikes are about trying to elicit sympathy for you and your cause.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Like chief spence who gained weight during her hunger strike......

What the!

Geez!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
What the!

Geez!

Real piece of work this one, Eagle. Nice home on a reserve rampant with shacks and shantys. Huge salary for her and then boyfriend. In the midst of crisis on her reserve, she decamps to the bright lights of the city to sit in a tent and scarf Mickey D's - provided by her boyfriend meanwhile telling everyone she was on a hunger strike.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Real piece of work this one, Eagle. Nice home on a reserve rampant with shacks and shantys. Huge salary for her and then boyfriend. In the midst of crisis on her reserve, she decamps to the bright lights of the city to sit in a tent and scarf Mickey D's - provided by her boyfriend meanwhile telling everyone she was on a hunger strike.
So she's a liar and a hypocrite. Of course she is. . . she's a politician. What mayor or premier in Canada doesn't live a heck of a lot better than the common people? Or lie from dawn til dusk pretty much every single day?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

She is morbid! Geez.

What a disgrace.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
So she's a liar and a hypocrite. Of course she is. . . she's a politician. What mayor or premier in Canada doesn't live a heck of a lot better than the common people? Or lie from dawn til dusk pretty much every single day?

Hmmmmmm...............let's see. Hazel McCallion comes to mind thinking of mayors. She served the folks of Mississauga, ON for 36 years winning 12 straight elections before she finally gave up the gavel at the age of 93. Brad Wall of Saskatchewan hasn't missed a beat and is still the most popular Premier in Canada.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Do you mean red woman speaks with forked tongue ?