Prank messages give commuters a chuckle

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Prank messages give commuters a chuckle
By Daniel McKenzie, Toronto Sun
First posted: Monday, July 04, 2016 10:49 PM EDT
Laughter probably isn’t the first thing that comes to mind for motorists who see a construction sign ahead.

But Ajax commuters were greeted last Thursday with some unusual traffic updates when an unknown prankster reportedly monkeyed around with a portable message sign.

The sign, at the northeast corner of Westney Rd. and Magill Dr., rotated through messages such as, “expect harsh farts.”

Durham Radio News posted a story and photos on their Facebook page and it has since been shared more than 200 times with comments such as, “Hilarious!” and “Made my morning!”

The photos of the sign were taken by Whitby Regional Councillor Elizabeth Roy.

“It made a lot of people laugh,” she said. “The feedback I was getting locally was, ‘I had a good chuckle today, thanks for that.’”

Roy said the sign was eventually reported and the messages were removed by around 7:15 a.m.

While the odd person may have been offended, Roy, who also works as a radiation therapist treating cancer patients, said life is too short to get bent up over such things.

“I treat terminal patients ... we’re always trying to make them laugh,” she said.
Photo taken by Whitby Regional Councillor Elizabeth Roy

Prank messages give commuters a chuckle | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun